Author Topic: OK you primitive guys. I need a product tester OR TWO for these broadheads.  (Read 3603 times)

Offline Todd Mathis

I believe they may need a thicker tang then the target heads, but not being a hunter, I can't say for certain.  So, here is my offer.  I will make you 3 custom bamboo shafts with my new broadheads and ship them.  FREE.  Here is what I want in return.  I need you to take them out and hunt with them.  Put them through the paces you would do with any other broadhead.  I'm specifically looking for indications of whether they bend or stay straight when used on an animal.  If you have other tests you want to perform, that's cool too.  I need to get photos and descriptions emailed to me at todd@khansarrows.com  So I can find out if I need to improve this product.  They entire head and tang is high carbon steel.  If they do bend, just use your thumb and push them back straight.  The steel isn't brittle.  Looking for two testers who will really test them hard and tell me what I need to do to improve this product.  ANY VOLUNTEERS?   
By the way, if you have bought any of these broadhead mounted arrows and have feedback let me know PLEASE.  If you are dissatisfied, I will replace them for you with an improved head down the road when we get this right.  If you ARE satisfied, please tell me about it.  My phone is 210-797-1900.  Always love a good conversation.  Best to all. 
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 12:39:18 pm by Todd Mathis »

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
Hey todd, i volunteer testing them. I cant hunt but i would like to tell you what i will put them through and see if your willing to do it.
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Todd, I'd be glad to give them a try on some of the tough piggies we have down here along with rabbits, deer coons squirrels and armadillo. Plenty of trees and fence post to bounce them on.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Mesophilic

Todd, have you considered a controlled test?  Maybe suspend a rack of ribs and a scapula in some ballistics gelatin?  Heck, it wouldnt even have to be true calibrated ballistics gel, some Knox would probably work just fine for this purpose and you can buy the Knox powder pretty cheap on  Amazon. 

It would give you a chance to repeat some shots and rule out flukes.

I'd volunteer, but I didn't get drawn for anything this year and haven't been able to get within bow range of any yotes yet.  If you need participants for a destruction test, I'd be game.
Trying is the first step to failure
-Homer Simpson-

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
I think it would be best to test them on carcass' or gelatin. There are a few things that caught my eye right away and testing them on live animals is a bad idea. Prove them on inanimate objects and then go to the field.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
Todd, have you considered a controlled test?  Maybe suspend a rack of ribs and a scapula in some ballistics gelatin?  Heck, it wouldnt even have to be true calibrated ballistics gel, some Knox would probably work just fine for this purpose and you can buy the Knox powder pretty cheap on  Amazon. 

I'd volunteer, but I didn't get drawn for anything this year and haven't been able to get within bow range of any yotes yet.  If you need participants for a destruction test, I'd be game.

I think it would be best to test them on carcass' or gelatin. There are a few things that caught my eye right away and testing them on live animals is a bad idea. Prove them on inanimate objects and then go to the field.

Thats what im doing. Im shooting at a simulated animal/deer carcass. Using meat, bone and hide.
still planning out the logistics and am working with todd to see what will be the best way to test these the way he wants them to be tested. so basically i am the control. may get some gelatin but i dont think i will need to.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 08:32:11 am by Deerhunter21 »
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline Todd Mathis

Now THIS is the answer I was looking for!  Even it they are just shot into deer carcasses into the rib cage would be good!  Rifle season is opening soon.  Do you think one of those carcasses would work?  or perhaps a pig carcass?

Offline Todd Mathis

Todd, I'd be glad to give them a try on some of the tough piggies we have down here along with rabbits, deer coons squirrels and armadillo. Plenty of trees and fence post to bounce them on.
lol.  Well, let's leave out the fence posts!  The small animals you mention can be handled with the small varmint heads I sell.  I know they are fine.  It is the 1 inch broad heads that I'm concerned about.  But now pigs...that might work well.  Do you hunt pigs often?

Offline Todd Mathis

I completely agree.  A carcass test would be more humane and more appropriate for my needs.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Yes, I hunt pigs more then I do deer with a bow. I just got access to 200 acres the guy wants all of the hogs cleared out.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?