Author Topic: Tree stand recommendations  (Read 6544 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Tree stand recommendations
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2019, 10:04:17 am »
I have hunted from trees for 30 years and haven't found a better, more solid, more quiet and faster stand than the Lone Wolf line up. I'd look at the hand climber if a climber is your flavor, I wouldn't trade mine for any climbing stand on the market. The Alpha Hang on is the best hanger made. You will pay for them, but you will see why the first time you use it/them.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Azmdted

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2019, 11:21:00 am »
I have hunted from trees for 30 years and haven't found a better, more solid, more quiet and faster stand than the Lone Wolf line up. I'd look at the hand climber if a climber is your flavor, I wouldn't trade mine for any climbing stand on the market. The Alpha Hang on is the best hanger made. You will pay for them, but you will see why the first time you use it/them.

Thanks for the specific recommendation.  That is a sweet looking set up they have, great videos on their site too.  My wife has some trees she wants me to trim, but I've been avoiding it thinking about the safety set up.  With their 6 point harness, climbing steps, lineman's rope, etc I might just get it and let her know that I bought the safety equipment to take care of the trees and they threw in the seat :)  Great practice too.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2019, 06:45:50 pm »
Then you can sit the stand up in one of your trees by your house to practice from. I have a practice one sit up in tree behind my house. Sometimes I like just sitting in mine and watch the sunset.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2019, 01:35:06 am »
Got to watch the climbing stuff!  I need to learn more about stands, since I teach Hunter Education, but I am not going to do any more climbing at my age, at least no higher than my head!  I blew out my shoulder teaching a pole climbing class in the Army, at about 15 feet off the ground - immediate change of lesson plan from climbing to pole rescue!  Then to the ER!
Hawkdabcer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry