Author Topic: coyotes and deer  (Read 3710 times)

Offline sleek

Re: coyotes and deer
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2019, 07:00:00 pm »
Tim, I could not believe it either. But the odds of her being 40 yards away, in the direction I saw her running, freshly gelled up blood around her, fresh guts pulled out, no hair slippage, and all her meat was still pink, with no odor, and when I picked up and dropped her head, she had fresh wet blood splatter out and drip from her nostril. it's hard to say it wasnt her, though my mind is still trying to comprehend it. Her neck hadn't even gotten stiff  and her eyes were still fresh looking. So, either it was coyotes or something worse. But that was a fresh kill.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline TimBo

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2019, 10:10:52 pm »
"something worse"...brrrr!  Sounds like a good campfire story.

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2019, 07:55:28 am »
Our yotes can't help but sound off at a kill. And you should have heard the commotion that would be involved being close to the kill site. Very strange.

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2019, 08:10:40 am »
was turkey hunting for the first time about a year ago with my friends dad and her. saw nothing but we saw a big tom in his tree roosting right before dark. I didnt want to shoot it because thats kinda like its safe place. we heard a pack of yotes running around us. me and my friend had done this before and we acted all scared and her dad told us a cool story to "calm us down." and thats how i get cool stories out of my friends dad!  O:) O:)

I wonder what they were on the trail of?
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline DC

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2019, 10:59:43 am »
Chupacabra ;) ;) ;)

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2019, 11:32:58 am »
NAFA, is no longer, They went bankrupt or a candian equvilant, lots of trappers have received bounced checks from last sale, I lucked out and didn't have any furs there, We needed NAFA, they sold a lot of furs and tried to do a lot of promotion, I believe they got to heavily invested in the ranch mink market that has crashed. Bob

Offline burtonridr

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2019, 12:40:29 pm »
NAFA, is no longer, They went bankrupt or a candian equvilant, lots of trappers have received bounced checks from last sale, I lucked out and didn't have any furs there, We needed NAFA, they sold a lot of furs and tried to do a lot of promotion, I believe they got to heavily invested in the ranch mink market that has crashed. Bob

Aw crap! What a bummer. Thanks for the heads up, I hope they manage to come out of bankruptcy somehow, we need an organization like them.
Offgrid mtn living