Author Topic: Big Stinky  (Read 2135 times)

Offline HH~

Big Stinky
« on: December 06, 2019, 08:54:31 am »
Fella's

Was out Coyote hunting other day. Have a bunch of these fawn eaters that must be tended to. Took out my 6.5 and 140grn HPBT's. Had a good sit after the freezing fog finally got out of the river bottom. Two deer eating dogs came in right at 0800 and I let out a series of yips and a howl. The lead deer killer stopped at 322yds and I sent a round. It took him low in the right shoulder and he ran with the other deer assassin but never made it off hay field.

I packed al the junk you bring for a Coyote sit, threw it on my back and ease on out this river bottom for home. My path took me thru and along this small ridge that runs above the creek its thick with hill cane, sumac, black berry, honey suckle, etc. As I was sneaking thru the wet leaves on a natural line of drift animal path I looked up above me in the hill cane to see a big mature buck looking down at me.

Well, I had one buck tag left, a round in chamber and room for some more summer sausage, burger and brats. I slowly raised the rifle and squeezed the round off aiming low behind shoulder as I picked a small hole to shoot thru this tangled mess. He wheeled and went up ridge thru thick stuff. Not a long way from my house. I dropped my gear off my back and walked up into this cane, not far and there Big Stinky lay. I could smell him long before I saw him laying on the forest floor.

HH~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Big Stinky
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 11:06:57 am »
Kinda nice when everything falls together like that. Never know what's going to happen next Hunting. Always pays to keep your eye open.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 11:50:34 am »
I wouldn't get in your way with a firearm in your hands :). There is hunting good and then there is Ranger good. The latter doesn't give second chances.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 12:01:16 pm »
I wouldn't get in your way with a firearm in your hands :). There is hunting good and then there is Ranger good. The latter doesn't give second chances.

I'm thinking I wouldn't want to with a selfbow in his hands either.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline JEB

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 02:43:45 pm »
Great job  HH. Dang nice buck

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 07:55:52 pm »
Nice rack, jack!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2019, 09:40:51 am »
Sounds like a good day in my book!

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2019, 12:39:36 pm »
My friend looked over my shoulder during passing period at school  and thought it was mine and started showering me with complements so ill give them to you. And i quote "Dang man thats a nice @$$ deer! Good job man! I wish i got a deer like that! Whats your secret!" and then him explicitly explaining how all his deer are small untill i was finally able to say it wasnt mine. Good job!
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2019, 04:28:35 pm »
I nice buck for sure Shawn , nice rack and also had a very nice hide with just 1 little bitty hole..  ;) :) :) Thanks.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good