Author Topic: Another Bareshaft Tuning Post :-)  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Another Bareshaft Tuning Post :-)
« on: December 14, 2019, 12:40:48 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rP8Xantd3Q&pbjreload=10

While this is posted on YouTube, there's not much action to it. Rather, several powerpoint-type displays, at least up to the 22:00 minute point which, for me, was the most informative. You hunters may find the entire video to be useful information.

But up to 22:00 minute mark, I found this useful for all shooters . . . . if you want to use or think you may want to use bareshaft tuning to improve arrow flight.

Hope ya find it useful.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
Re: Another Bareshaft Tuning Post :-)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 10:29:14 am »
Thanks for sharing.  I'm going to have to watch this.  I guess all this grading can wait...

T
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

gutpile

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 01:04:16 pm »
too me... bareshafting woodies of any type is a waste of time.. no two woodies are identically perfect...... once you find the correct spine..get them straight tip to tip ...true up points.. shoot to verify and go hunting... jm2c...gut

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 07:32:17 pm »
I didn't have time to watch the video Mike. I'm big believer in bareshaft though. It's the best way I know of finding the right spine. Maybe I'll get a chance to watch video tonight.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Lefty38-55

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 08:10:49 pm »
To me 3 fletched & 3 bare shafts will tell you all you need ... honestly can’t believe the mess some people make of a really simple process.

And using a spine tester & scale it is toot simple to match arrows to +/- 1 to 2 pounds spine weight and +/- X-grains for weight. I say ‘X’ as I go for +/- 10-grains myself.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 08:14:13 pm »
My experience has been mostly positive. Particularly with new bow. And, yes, with spine tester and grain scale only need to do minimum testing.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 08:18:01 pm by Knoll »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857