Author Topic: Pics  (Read 2023 times)

Offline bubby

Pics
« on: December 25, 2019, 09:28:20 pm »
Is Photobucket holding pictures hostage again?
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Pics
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 06:31:05 am »
Bubby I don't know. I paid for one year and was supposed to have third party hosting. I never did figure out how to to post pictures. I thought I was doing everything right.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline JEB

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 06:48:36 am »
Me to. This is one of the toughest sites to post photos so I can't and don't.

Offline bubby

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2019, 07:32:15 am »
I started using an app on my phone photo resizer. I posted a while ago on how to use it, works great , I just noticed my build a long pics from Photobucket are aol again

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2019, 07:42:49 am »
I have talked about this before, but I use a free program called Gimp.  Easy to use and I have every picture I have ever posted since I started using it.  I believe DC is using it as well.  I recommend it.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline bubby

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2019, 11:27:36 am »
Same with photo resizer slim

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2019, 11:37:42 am »
Same with photo resizer slim

I'm using a photo resizing app to bubby. It works fine but I don't like posting pictures because I'm afraid someone else get deleted and I m pretty sure the ones I post will eventually to.
Bjrogg

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2019, 10:18:00 pm »
Same here with photo resizer. Did a how to resize thing not to long ago. Lets see if i can find it...

Edit: its up top.
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2019, 10:43:59 am »
Same here with photo resizer. Did a how to resize thing not to long ago. Lets see if i can find it...

Edit: its up top.

I know how to do the resize thing. I think though if you don't use a site that has third party hosting, when you post a picture that's only been resized it deletes one from the past that someone did the same way. The site doesn't have enough storage for all the pictures. Of course a bunch of them that where posted using third party host got deleted when the third party decided they weren't going to host any more
Bjrogg
I might be wrong. I'm not very good with some of this technology.

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2019, 12:36:39 pm »
I have to post pics on my blog, then link to them here.  Sort of a pain in the rear, but it works.  I notice a LOT of photobucket pics on here, especially in older threads, that are blurred out.  Frustrating when trying to actually look at people's pics.
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2019, 04:48:08 pm »
I have to post pics on my blog, then link to them here.  Sort of a pain in the rear, but it works.  I notice a LOT of photobucket pics on here, especially in older threads, that are blurred out.  Frustrating when trying to actually look at people's pics.

When I first got on here almost everyone used Photobucket. Then Photobucket decided they weren't going to host third party pictures unless you payed a substantial amount. If you didn't your pictures went away. I think mine are still here. I was told they would go away. I'm guessing they eventually will. I did decide later to try a year but I couldn't get it to work. They just wouldn't post on here no matter what I tried. I guess you get what you pay for and sometimes you don't even get that. I think a lot have gone to Imgur but I never did figure out how to use it. Like I said I'm not to good at a lot of this technology.
Bjrogg

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2019, 08:11:49 am »
I just looked at photobucket and see they offer unlimited hosting for $6.95 a month, they cut their own throat with the $400 a year stuff and hijacking everyone's pictures. I doubt if I would use them now even if the use was free, "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me".

I need to spend a day transfering my pictures back to my computer. I have bought a couple of new computers since the photobucket debacle. Every time I tell the computer tech what picture files to transfer they get it mixed up and only transfer part of them so I have some pictures on photobucket that I want to keep because I don't have them on my computer.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2019, 09:08:30 am »
Bub, your pics may be too popular.
For their free "service", PhotoBucket puts limit on how often pictures from your PB account may be displayed on forums or other 3rd party sites.
https://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/200724504-Storage-vs-Bandwidth-What-s-The-Difference-
Think it's yearly limit. So maybe they'll appear again after 1st of year . . . until limit reached again.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857