Author Topic: Some free advice  (Read 9092 times)

Offline Hawkdancer

Re: Some free advice
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2019, 10:57:34 pm »
Plate tectonics?  Is that the one that says the lid will blow off the Yellowstine caldera taking no out everything for 500 miles around? -C- >:D (lol)!
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2019, 08:30:48 am »
Don't use the feather burner in the house without a very strong exhaust fan!!!

G-Monee >:D

That seems to be a recurring theme, here...

Yep, and don't use a good pot to boil the end of your powder horn project either...  ::)

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2019, 11:33:53 am »
You guys are missing some golden opportunities to explain why you really need a man cave. If you keep bringing enough stinky stuff in the house eventually your wife will see why it's a absolute necessity. Either that or she'll kick you out of the house. Fortunately for me I got the man cave.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2019, 11:35:28 am »
Oh and if you keep bringing enough stinky stuff in your man cave you won't have your wife trying to claim it either
Bjrogg

Offline Mesophilic

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2019, 12:36:00 pm »
You guys are missing some golden opportunities to explain why you really need a man cave. If you keep bringing enough stinky stuff in the house eventually your wife will see why it's a absolute necessity. Either that or she'll kick you out of the house. Fortunately for me I got the man cave.
Bjrogg

I'm working that angle pretty well.  Already my wife questions very little and tries to pretend to see less.  It has to be done in slow increments, very patiently, like boiling a frog.  Too much, too soon and she'll throw all the aninal parts out in the yard.  She's fully committed to me building my man cave as a shed next to the house once we replace these old drafty single pane windows on the house. 

That being said, there are lines drawn and apparently bringing a freah skunk hide in to the house is off limits  ;D
Trying is the first step to failure
-Homer Simpson-

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2019, 12:47:05 pm »
Methinks the fresh skunk hide is off limits -period! >:D. Even in the man cave (lol)!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2019, 01:33:11 pm »
Yeah, Mrs. Badger is getting tired of weird smells and wood shavings on the floor of the guest room, as well as listening to me practice (I play the penny whistle, among other things, and sometimes certain members of my family hint that the house might not be big enough for that), so a garage/work shed/music studio is being discussed.

But here's the real question, for BJ or any of our other resident marriage experts:  How does one go about convincing one's wife that hunting along in grizzly country is not only a perfectly reasonable idea, but completely necessary for one's mental health?
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2019, 01:38:43 pm »
Bjrogg

I'm working that angle pretty well.  Already my wife questions very little and tries to pretend to see less.  It has to be done in slow increments, very patiently, like boiling a frog.  Too much, too soon and she'll throw all the aninal parts out in the yard.  She's fully committed to me building my man cave as a shed next to the house once we replace these old drafty single pane windows on the house. 

That being said, there are lines drawn and apparently bringing a freah skunk hide in to the house is off limits  ;D

Now your going where I'm going. That's exactly the slow encrimental method I used. Be careful though. Soon you might find she actually likes some of your dead animal parts and decides she wants to keep them for her space. Once that happens you'll never get them back.  Best not to argue and just to get some more.

Bjrogg

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2019, 01:45:06 pm »
[quote author=WhistlingBadger link=topic=67061.msg942160#msg942160 date=1577810639

But here's the real question, for BJ or any of our other resident marriage experts:  How does one go about convincing one's wife that hunting along in grizzly country is not only a perfectly reasonable idea, but completely necessary for one's mental health?
[/quote]

Well fortunately or unfortunately whichever way you want to look at it. I don't have anything around here that wants to eat me except mosquitoes.

Hard to say. I think at times she would probably encourage me to go out and hunt with the grizzlies.
Bjrogg

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2019, 02:41:09 pm »
Don't use the kitchen stove to boil a deer skull for a European mount or the oven for heat treating rock.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Mesophilic

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2019, 08:55:22 pm »
Don't use the kitchen stove to boil a deer skull for a European mount or the oven for heat treating rock.

What's wrong with these two?  I've not done either so I may need to know the cons before attempting.
Trying is the first step to failure
-Homer Simpson-

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2020, 09:01:36 am »

What's wrong with these two?  I've not done either so I may need to know the cons before attempting.

I don't know about heating rock, but with deer head, it's the smell.  Cooking deer heads smell pretty funky, and in the several hours required to get all the flesh off, it permeates the entire house.  I don't mind the smell too much, but after a while it even gets to be too much for me.  I do mine outside on the coleman stove.
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2020, 09:08:01 am »
WB, assure your wife your life insurance is up to date. She'll probably help you pack.  ;D

When it comes to free advise, take all you can get.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2020, 09:17:56 am »
WB, assure your wife your life insurance is up to date. She'll probably help you pack.  ;D

When it comes to free advise, take all you can get.  :OK

It's usually worth at least what you paid for it.
Bjrogg

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2020, 09:59:32 am »
No buyer's remorse, and no need to send it back if it proves defective~
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
~Louis L'Amour