Author Topic: Some free advice  (Read 9099 times)

Offline Hawkdancer

Re: Some free advice
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2020, 12:19:21 am »
Time to get the kitty a king sized catnip ball!  And hang it away from the shop!  Btw, I always ask about feral cats when seeking hunting permission!  Also what do the home cats look like (lol). A rescue like that is worth a lot of bows, maybe even an "I need a new truck, Honey"! >:D (lol)
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Mesophilic

« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2020, 02:26:11 pm »
This one is probably more geared toward the younger crowd, as most older guys figure it out at some point.

If you're knocking back a few cold ones, and using an empty bottle to spit your tobacco juice in to...find a way to clearely mark it or otherwise identify it.  Cause if your lady grabs the wrong bottle or container, and takes a swig...it will forever change the nature of your relationship...they never forget...even after decades.
Trying is the first step to failure
-Homer Simpson-

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2020, 03:41:59 pm »
ewwwwwwww!!!  (lol) (lol)

thanks for the advise but I think Ill just skip the drinks and chew entirely though.  ;D
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2020, 04:08:00 pm »
If you're knocking back a few cold ones, and using an empty bottle to spit your tobacco juice in to...find a way to clearely mark it or otherwise identify it.  Cause if your lady grabs the wrong bottle or container, and takes a swig...it will forever change the nature of your relationship...they never forget...even after decades.
That is without a doubt the most disgusting mental image I've had all week.  (lol)  (And mind you, it's flu season/stomach bug season, and I work in two elementary schools)  Your wife must REALLY love you.

thanks for the advise but I think Ill just skip the drinks and chew entirely though.  ;D

That's probably the best advice on this thread.  Stick with that commitment at least until you're done with college.  By then you'll probably be wise an experienced enough to recognize the truly addictive stuff, and handle the rest in moderation.
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Mesophilic

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2020, 05:02:12 pm »

That is without a doubt the most disgusting mental image I've had all week.  (lol)  (And mind you, it's flu season/stomach bug season, and I work in two elementary schools)  Your wife must REALLY love you.

I've got a couple worse stories, but they will be left unshared for both of our sakes.
-Homer Simpson-

Offline wstanley

« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2020, 05:25:37 pm »
Don't (jokingly) tell your significant other that their cat would make a good quiver. He's a BIG cat. I never would, just a joke and she did not like it!!!

Offline Mesophilic

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2020, 05:42:40 pm »
I've learned alot of things the hard way...you might even say that most things I've learned, I've learned the hardway.

You guys heard of this General Mattis guy?  Well back when he was Colonel Mattis he was my regimental CO.  I don't know if there's a statute of limitations so I won't say too much more on the internet, but hypothetically speaking don't mess with your regimental CO, and if he's a firecracker like Mattis that goes 1000x's.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 05:47:21 pm by Mesophilic »
-Homer Simpson-

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2020, 06:14:24 pm »
Reminds me of the story of the young preacher, in his first job, nervous as can be.  As first order of business, he goes to visit one of the elderly saints.  She invites him in, and they start chatting.  The young man is so nervous his mouth is dry, so when he  notices a bowl of peanuts beside his chair, he helps himself.  About five minutes later, he notices to his great chagrin that he has completely emptied the bowl.

"Ma'am, I am so sorry; I was so nervous that I ate your entire bowl of peanuts!"
"Oh, that's OK, sonny.  At my age all I can do is suck the chocolate off 'em anyway."
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
~Louis L'Amour

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2020, 06:17:33 pm »
Don't (jokingly) tell your significant other that their cat would make a good quiver. He's a BIG cat. I never would, just a joke and she did not like it!!!

Mrs. Badger's cat looks startlingly like a Scottish wildcat. I've been threatening for years to make a sporran out of her.  Mrs. Badger, fortunately, has a great sense of humor.  That's one of the reasons we're still together.   ;D
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2020, 11:35:30 pm »
Maybe Mrs Badger needs another similar kitty!  However, you probably should forego the sporran idea!
Unless you can get one out of Scotland - try the Celtic Croft online, I will pm their website.  Also, the Celtic Craft Centre(?), but I don't have their website.  I think they updated it a while back.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2020, 08:13:32 am »
Thanks, Jerry.  I have purchased from Celtic Croft before, but I'm partial to USA kilt.  Anyway, I've got a couple sporrans, but I finally repurposed the first one I made from muskrat fur, and I doubt I'll have a fur one again:  It's awkward when kids come up and want to pet it.   :-\
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
~Louis L'Amour