Author Topic: 2020 it's here  (Read 1387 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
2020 it's here
« on: January 01, 2020, 09:30:49 am »
Well aside from having to remember to write it on checks.

I remember growing up how we were going to be all flying around in jetson cars. Pushing buttons for a living. It's not quite there. Not so far away to imagine though. Lots of changes in my lifetime.

Wondering what is in store for the next 50 years. Hopefully more to dream about than Climate change. Dream big everyone.

Happy New Year, Happy New Decade, Happy Future

Bjrogg
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 11:22:00 am by bjrogg »
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline YosemiteBen

Re: 2020 it's here
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 09:54:56 am »
It is indeed! Let us see what it will bring!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 10:43:44 am »
Like I said elsewhere...2020, the year of perfect vision. We can always hope.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2020, 12:55:15 pm »
Guess change is constant, progress is optional!  I knew a lady who came west in a covered wagon, as a young child and lived to see a man land on the moon!  Still no jet cars, though!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2020, 02:55:29 pm »
My wife's grandmother had her bicycle repaired by the Write Brothers in Dayton, OH and lived to see a man on the moon. A lot happened in that 100 years so we can only imagine what the next century will bring. Looking forward to seeing.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2020, 03:12:36 pm »
My wife's grandmother had her bicycle repaired by the Write Brothers in Dayton, OH and lived to see a man on the moon. A lot happened in that 100 years so we can only imagine what the next century will bring. Looking forward to seeing.

I remember you posting that before Pat. That is really cool. We dream about living in the past, but it was hard back then.

I remember lots of stories from my grandmother, hardships they faced. She always said "The good old days, the good old day's. What the he][ was so good about them. Anyone tells you that never lived through them. She liked her indoor plumbing, oven, washing machine, refrigerator. Only thing she really missed was the horses. Never did learn how to drive. Did see us land on the moon though.

I do really respect the people who dream so big. Especially the ones who make that dream real.

Bjrogg

A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise