Author Topic: this year's classic  (Read 1992 times)

Offline jeffp51

this year's classic
« on: January 04, 2020, 05:35:03 am »
What are the dates for the Tennessee classic this year?  twinoaks website still has 2019 events up.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: this year's classic
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 06:09:51 am »
Jeff look at bottom sections of this site. Under Primitive Shoots and Events. I'm sure Pappy just recently posted them.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 08:00:17 am »
May 1, 2, 3 is the official time. The Friday before is when folks start showing up.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 06:55:08 pm »
so people start coming on the 24th of April?  I have to give final exams until the 29th of April, and wouldn't be able to come before that--but I really want to be there.  would I even find a campsite at that point?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 10:05:48 pm »
If you're tent camping there shouldn't be a problem.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 11:11:37 pm »
I really want to come, but the time between when I can leave and when it starts is awful tight.  I don't know how I would fly and bring all I want to bring (bows, arrows, camping gear, etc.) and driving out from Utah will take a long time.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2020, 12:51:48 pm »
Jeff,
You would need at least 2 very long days to get there, unless you have another driver, and switch off!
We need something here in the central Rockies, but it is 500 miles to everywhere! (lol) :BB :KN (SH)
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline HH~

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2020, 03:11:17 pm »
Start a thread for a car truck/share and dates. You may be surprised and get with some fella's meet in Kansas City, etc for the drive down. Worth a try.

HH~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2020, 06:20:56 pm »
I can probably hook you up with a place to sleep in the cabin if that will help, save on camping gear, just let me know so I can plan for it. Love to have ya. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2020, 09:16:10 am »
Thanks Pappy, that is so kind.  I enjoyed my half day meeting you  and your fine group a couple years back.  I have a brother-in-law in Nashville that I can probably get camping gear from if I fly in.  We'll see if I can pull it together this year.