Author Topic: Chair/backpack  (Read 10412 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: Chair/backpack
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2020, 05:45:59 pm »
Parnell...I know in the past a .22 magnum usually did the job in self employed lockers.
The Amish here hire themselves out for most any kind of construction.Moving houses too doing the set up work to lift the house from it's foundation.
I had them do a little gutter installation work on our house at a time when we got over 18" of rain in 3 weeks.Unheard of.
They own compound bows to hunt deer with and I know they use shotguns to hunt during shotgun season.They shed hunt.Make elevated blinds.Own lumberyards.Shingle and construct houses here too.
They are into everything.Their skills are past on through the generations.I have heard of them taking courses through the mail for mechanic work knowledge.Understandable with the changing times.They do not own or drive any vehicles though.Method of transportation is all with a horse.They break horses for people too.The list is endless really.
One thing Robin and me benefit from a lot is their bent and dent discount grocery stores.1/3 the cost of regular grocery stores.Although we tend a good sized garden ourselves yet still.Their gardens are huge and more than one.They have priorities on certain types of seed they use that are large and excellent yielders.
I always have a good time with them whenever we hang around each other.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Stoner

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2020, 08:16:16 pm »
Thanks for the info Ed. I checked out the other thread. Your a busy guy! Love the quivers and other ideas too. Now I got more stuff to build on "The List". Oh the never ending list. John

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2020, 07:25:44 am »
Thanks Stoner....This primitive stuff does get in your blood.
BowEd
Ed

Offline sleek

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2020, 09:34:51 am »
Wow Ed, That's awesome! I bet its perfect for campfire and maybe even knapping.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2020, 12:09:58 pm »
Yea cool.....Back in the early 1800's records show frontiersman made and used them for seats in canoes also.
BowEd
Ed

Offline Hans H

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2020, 04:04:16 pm »
that`s cool Ed!, and a beautifull Craftmanship, I like it
Hans
Hans,      Bavaria, Germany

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2020, 06:12:42 am »
Thanks Hans....I plan on using it with me at every camp out of a bow making gathering I go to.
BowEd
Ed