Author Topic: Natural centershot handled osage.  (Read 5097 times)

Offline Dvshunter

Re: Natural centershot handled osage.
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2020, 07:16:36 pm »
Nice bow there Ed. I expect better from you but understand that's it's been awhile since you posted one. Taking that into account, I think its ok. ;)
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2020, 12:39:22 am »
Nice bow there Ed. I expect better from you but understand that's it's been awhile since you posted one. Taking that into account, I think its ok. ;)

Dave writes in code.
What he actually means is that we hope you make it to The Gathering in about 6 weeks.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2020, 04:38:50 am »
Knoll.....No sir or royalty needed here but thanks,I should be able to make it.The time slot for it escapes me again.I'm thinking around the 14th of March?
Dave...Thanks,but what past decade was that you posted a bow?.... I realize you have a habit of communicating in a backwards way or code.At least it's communication in some form.Pretty young to be so onery at such a young age,but we all have our limits in what we can handle.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 06:15:26 am by BowEd »
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2020, 08:53:24 am »
Nice bow Ed . I like the unstrung profile as well. Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2020, 12:34:35 pm »
Young whippersnappers!  No respect for their elders anymore! (lol). I think being around teenagers has addled Dave's brain some!  Especially since they speak in tongues anyway! >:D (lol). Good to hear from you too, Dave!  Btw, how did the canoe race turn out?  I think I missed the results post!  I hope the young folk are faring well,  I amstill planning to make it to MoJam again.  See you there!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2020, 05:17:56 am »
Thanks selfbowman....
Dave makes excellent bows.Always known for his super small tips from what I remember.
Hawkdancer....I'm not one to worry about my popularity being at risk by stating my mind and the facts as long as it is'nt insulting.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 06:02:01 am by BowEd »
BowEd
Ed

Offline Piddler

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2020, 05:12:36 pm »
BowEd
I have a stave that has a knot that I am going to cut around. With any luck it will turn out as good as the one you built. I posted a few questions about that very thing a few months back. If I can ever get over this have to go to work thing I may finish. You have given me inspiration. And hope.
"My goal in life is to try and be the kind of person my dog thinks I am"

Offline silent sniper

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2020, 05:16:48 pm »
Beautiful work!

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2020, 07:27:31 pm »
Thanks silent sniper.
Piddler.....I'm always on the look out for a stave of any kind of wood while laying out the profile without much heat correction to the limbs to get the string close to the arrow pass strike plate.They always usually shoot great for me.Most times it does'nt work out.Sometimes the longitudal grain wiggle on a 6" wide area of a tree will make 2 nice centershot bows exactly alike.That's the beauty of making self bows.A person does'nt know for sure though till the bark is removed.That's why I like to remove the bark or bark and sapwood right away on staves I harvest.This bow left me with 2 relatively straight limbs yet.
I have a hickory stave myself too that has a knot in the right area of the arrow pass.I usually file the knot away with a half round wood file and finish up sanding it cleaning it up.Leaving at least 3/4" wide area in the arrow pass area of the handle yet.

BowEd
Ed

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2020, 07:56:17 am »
Ed you know I wouldnt trase you if I didnt think you would understand. :D

The gathering has been moved to the first week of april. I hope you can make it. Your right though, I should post more bows. I recently finished one, but inky took one picture. For you, I will post my next one that I finish if you keep posting yours!
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2020, 09:00:55 am »
Ed you know I wouldnt trase you if I didnt think you would understand. :D

The gathering has been moved to the first week of april. I hope you can make it. Your right though, I should post more bows. I recently finished one, but inky took one picture. For you, I will post my next one that I finish if you keep posting yours!

I’d like to see you post em to Dave. You do make some nice bows. I really like the yew bow I got in trade from you. Like Ed said the tips are super and really inspired me to make mine much smaller.
Hopefully see you at the gathering.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Yellowstave

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2020, 07:33:08 pm »
Man what a beauty! That is a fantastic piece of art there buddy!

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2020, 04:23:56 am »
I don't make near the amount of bows that I used to myself Dave,but when made I'll try to get more than 1 picture.Although some in the past I never did show.Seems like winter comes later and leaves later these days as far as the gathering goes.
Thanks yellowstave...I'm not one for a lot of bling on my bows,but try to get nice profile lines on them.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 06:23:21 am by BowEd »
BowEd
Ed

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2020, 05:21:30 am »
Good to see you posting again Ed.
That bow sure is a beauty.  :OK

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2020, 04:42:37 am »
Thanks Paul.Winter can be a long time running.Seen robins already but sometimes that does'nt  mean anything nowadays.
BowEd
Ed