Author Topic: Ever bought a self bow?  (Read 3308 times)

Offline DC

Re: Ever bought a self bow?
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2020, 12:01:23 pm »
 I've made around 75 bows but if I lived closer I would jump at a chance to take a course from Weylin. Do that. You won't regret it. :) :)

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2020, 01:12:57 pm »
there is also the Marshalls Primitive rendevous in Marshalls MI.

Wow, that one is only about 20 miles from Duck Lake, where we plan on spending some time this summer.  If this one were a week or two later I'd be there.
T
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Azmdted

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2020, 02:12:31 pm »
QUOTE:
"I called up swiftwood and am looking at weylins bows he was awesome to talk to. Also still looking at gills and curts bows. I want to build a bow bad and talked to weylin about his class in addition to a bow. I feel like having one from a master will give me something to aspire to.  I feel as though class will cut down on the learning curve as well. "

I just finished Weylin's class.  I can't think of a better way to spend 4 days and come away with a beautiful fine shooting bow.  Why buy a bow when you can make one for about the same price and gain a skill that'll save you many months/years and staves on your own?  Definitely worth it and Weylin is a class act and a true artist when it comes to finishing bows.

Offline JEB

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2020, 06:08:36 pm »
Never bought one but if I was in the market and Pearly made them to sell it would be one of his. He really knows what he is doing when it comes to making self bows.

Offline Drawknife

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2020, 06:23:30 pm »
QUOTE:
"I called up swiftwood and am looking at weylins bows he was awesome to talk to. Also still looking at gills and curts bows. I want to build a bow bad and talked to weylin about his class in addition to a bow. I feel like having one from a master will give me something to aspire to.  I feel as though class will cut down on the learning curve as well. "

I just finished Weylin's class.  I can't think of a better way to spend 4 days and come away with a beautiful fine shooting bow.  Why buy a bow when you can make one for about the same price and gain a skill that'll save you many months/years and staves on your own?  Definitely worth it and Weylin is a class act and a true artist when it comes to finishing bows.

I was looking at doing both.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.
Fred Bear