Author Topic: A Shooting Conundrum  (Read 9824 times)

Offline recurve shooter

Re: A Shooting Conundrum
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2008, 12:15:22 am »
....wait, i spelled it rong first! u callin me ignert?

i know that it aint spelled like that. its just funier. now that i dont know how to spell.
lets just shoot it

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 01:25:26 pm »
 Andrea,Have we seen a full draw picture of your bow ? Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline John K

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 01:49:56 pm »
Andrea, You will be alright, you will probably have more guys hiting on you than giving you hard time about what you shoot.  ;)
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008, 02:41:19 pm »
A friend of mine bet a compounder $10 that he could do something with his stick bow that the wheely bow couldn't do...He threw it on the ground, picked it up and shot a bulls eye on the range. The compounder got pissed and left! ;)      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 03:06:21 pm »
My favorite when they are givin me crap is to shoot another arrow and then very seriously, acting almost like something is wrong ask them...did you hear that?.. when they say no, just say...I didnt think so....Or you can show them how you can put 5 arrows in the kill zone before they get the 3rd arrow nocked.lol. Seriously tho, never had a real problem..most folks are curious about it. Have an extra stave and a couple tools on hand and you will get some converts and some good freinds....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline DanaM

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2008, 03:12:13 pm »
I was showing a guy from work(a compounder) my D bow and then I shot it right handed and left handed then turned it upside down
and did it all over again ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

kdub

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2008, 04:25:41 pm »
consider yourself a missionary in a 3rd world country working to bring converts to the covenant we call primitive archery. or sumtin' like dat

Offline recurve shooter

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2008, 08:35:22 pm »
pat, the part about throwing the bow on the ground is funny. and im willin to bet that right now i could out shoot a fairly new trainin weel shooter on a 3d range.
lets just shoot it

Offline Andrea S

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2008, 08:35:59 pm »
Thanks for all the help, guys!

Frank, I have it tillered to 14" right now...gimme a couple weeks, and it'll be mostly ready. I'll have some quillwork to do and some otter fur accoutrements for the bow that I'll likely end up doing this summer when I get home from school (with finals and whatnot, I'll probably be busy until then.) I don't know if I want to put pictures of it up until it's done!
Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. -Abe Lincoln