Author Topic: Beaver and Braintan mittens  (Read 4302 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: Beaver and Braintan mittens
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2020, 04:15:11 am »
Pappy, one of the reasons mitten work so well for me is that my hands are always wet and can never seem to get gloves on with out a fight, mittens are perfect for things like ice fishin and water trapping where your hands are wet a lot, or ya need some fine dexterity that won't work with gloved hands. Hard for me to tie fish hook on with gloves on but quick bare hand works then back in my mittens to warm up ahhh. Bob
Outbackbob48......Us up north realize and know the benefit of a good pair of mittens.A person's fingers stay warmer when they are'nt seperated.One needs to dress appropriately when conditions call for it.They go on for me along with my ice pac lacrosse boots[good to -60 below] anytime I need to move snow or do chores or work outside in below O F. conditions.My tractor cab is not heated and generally have 3/4 mile of a lane to keep clear of snow.I've used them for ice fishing too.I keep more than 1 pair around as I've just plain worn holes through them in the past.I have an insulated deer leather pair that are 1 finger mittens.Dexterity to function with smaller things is easier.If index finger gets numb all I have to do is tuck it in with the other for a while.Used that pair a lot while coon hunting.
A long cuff over the wrist area helps to keep any snow from getting in there.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2020, 08:03:30 am »
Ed, Having one of those ice pack la crosse, mitten mornings here, About 20 degrees with a good sharp northwest wind, about 6" fresh snow and still coming. Lake Erie is wide open so we will probably get dumped on. Gotta love lake effect snowstorms. Quess I,ll guard the woodstove and get into another sewing project for the day. Later Bob

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2020, 09:43:06 am »
You have fun with all that lake affect snow.I've heard of the type of snowfalls up there by the great lakes.A lot in a short amount of time.When I was a kid it was always a lot of fun.Nowadays it's just work.....Ha Ha.Although I like the looks and quietness in the woods after it snows a bunch.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 12:57:18 am by BowEd »
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed