Author Topic: Favorite Shooting glove  (Read 1223 times)

Offline HighEagle

Favorite Shooting glove
« on: February 21, 2020, 01:52:26 pm »
Whats your favorite shooting glove, tab, or bare hand. Time to replace my old glove I'v had it I,m guessing 20+ years Kind of like an old hat hard to replace, lately I have been using the new type tight fitting carpentry glove works good in the cool cold weather

Thanks Chuck
Armstrong, BC

Offline burchett.donald

Re: Favorite Shooting glove
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 03:36:21 pm »
  Chuck,
              I just use fingers and they callus up pretty good...I tried gloves and tabs years ago and could never get used to them...I think I get a cleaner more consistent release...Haven't lost or forgotten them either, Lol...Looks like you have wore that one out bud...I usually shoot one arrow at a time and that probably keeps me from getting that burning sensation I would recieve from a quiver full...
                                                         Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline TimBo

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 04:01:37 pm »
3 Rivers has gloves similar to your old one.  I should try bare fingers, but have always preferred a glove.  Tabs don't seem to work as well for me.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 09:29:36 pm »
I've been using a Damascus glove for many years. When I started buying them they were $9.95.  Unfortunately the newer Damascus gloves are thinner than the older ones.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PatM

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 09:40:05 pm »
I've always shot bare fingered. Need that dexterity.

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 09:57:04 pm »
I like my old boot leather tabs. Simple, cheap and they seem to work well for me. Plus they are thin enough I just keep one in my wallet just Incase I feel like randomly shooting a tradbow at a buddies house.

Kyle

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2020, 11:28:15 pm »
That Ol' glove has paid it's dues!  Hang it in the wall!  I sort of get one I like and live with it it!  If I can get through a day's shooting without sore spots or blisters, it works.  May soften it with a leather treatment, though.  Don't particularly like tabs.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2020, 10:41:27 am »
I got a calfskin tab as a gift at the marshalls. I just find it hard to shoot without one because my hands don't callus up at all. :-\
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2020, 10:49:45 am »
Wow, that glove has some miles on it.  I always have a tough time getting rid of an old, trusty piece of gear like that.  I hate throwing away an old pair of boots or running shoes.  But there comes a time...

I really like the dura-glove from 3rivers.  The full-palm, low-profile design slips under my wool finger mittens on cold-weather hunts, it's thin enough that I can really feel the string, and the nylon tips give me good protection and a quick release.  Fairly affordable, too.

Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour