Author Topic: Sugar Shack more pictures on pg 2 for upstate  (Read 8225 times)

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Sugar Shack
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2020, 06:30:15 pm »
Thanks Swampman
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2020, 06:45:58 pm »
Good looking bow BJ. Nice job on the maple leaves

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2020, 07:29:01 pm »
Figures I pick this day to get my @#$ back online and the first bow I see is this one. Totally awesome BJ. I've been hard at work out at the taps myself.  I love this time of year.  -C-

Beautiful bend as always.  :)
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2020, 07:41:15 pm »
Thanks Rob

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2020, 07:43:16 pm »
Figures I pick this day to get my @#$ back online and the first bow I see is this one. Totally awesome BJ. I've been hard at work out at the taps myself.  I love this time of year.  -C-

I was hoping you would see this one Jeff. I was thinking of you to when I tricked this one out.lol. Glad you got to see it. Good Luck with the syrup.
Bjrogg

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2020, 08:08:32 pm »

I was hoping you would see this one Jeff. I was thinking of you to when I tricked this one out.lol. Glad you got to see it. Good Luck with the syrup.
Bjrogg

;)
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2020, 12:16:59 pm »
Was a beautiful day at Sugar Bush yesterday. I gave my neighbor his bow and everyone had fun shooting it for awhile. (Sorry I didn’t get pictures of that) then Larry gave me a recycling bottle of Maple Syrup and told me when it was empty to return it for a free refill. We took a few pictures and marked a few more Hop Hornbeam trees that I’ll harvest when the sap is flowing in them.
Here’s a few pictures. Hope you enjoy them.
Bjrogg
PS hope your watching Upstate.

Offline Will B

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2020, 03:58:32 pm »
That’s a great looking bow!  I like the light handle wrap and the tiller looks great to me. Excellent job!

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Sugar Shack more pictures on pg 2 for upstate
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2020, 04:39:19 pm »
Thanks Will. I really like how the handle wrap goes with everything else too. It really makes everything look like it belongs together
Bjrogg

Offline HH~

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2020, 11:27:19 am »
Wow
The Sugar Shack looks nice in those FB and draw pics.

Great story as well. Hope yer bud likes his arrow spitter!

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2020, 11:57:21 am »
Thanks Shawn. He might not look like it in the pictures but I think he was pretty chocked up about it. He’s been watching me right from the start. He Witnessed me break my first selfbow. A ash that had several problems that I learned a lot from. He offered me some of his HHB, even knew it by its real name. He loves his trees and property and I was honored to be allowed to harvest these trees. He often told me I could take more, but I never take more than I can get ready for curing at one time.
He has several helpers that are interested to. One young lady who shot traditional in a league for a few years. She was designated official stringer, unstringer and basically overseer of the bow. She had always used step through but picked up push pull method pretty quickly.
It’s a pretty easy bow to string.

“Sugar Shack” seemed to fit right into her new home at the sugar bush property.
Larry has a cabin he built over 50 years ago. He has added to it over the years. It has a nice tree growing through one section that’s right in the middle of the tiny room. It’s a pretty special place.

Bjrogg

Offline HH~

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2020, 01:07:01 pm »
Cool. What is this tree. Cant see it well on my fone.

HH~

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2020, 03:20:48 pm »
Cool. What is this tree. Cant see it well on my fone.

HH~

I’m thinking it’s a hemlock if I remember correctly. The cabin pretty much started out as a little fort. It’s had about 3 small additions. It’s completely off the grid. A lot of little treasures and memories in there.
Bjrogg

Offline HH~

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2020, 10:02:31 pm »
Loka like white cedar?

HH~

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2020, 06:37:13 am »
Loka like white cedar?

HH~

You know Shawn that’s what I was thinking to. I’ll have to pay more attention next time I’m there. It certainly does look like white cedar. I don’t think I ever looked at it from outside to see what’s out there. I know there are a bunch of Hemlock growing around the cabin, but I really don’t remember exactly what hemlock bark looks like. I seem to remember it being very similar to white cedar.
Bjrogg