Author Topic: Bad day.  (Read 2840 times)

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
Re: Bad day.
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2020, 07:57:17 am »
That is bad.  Not as bad as someone breaking into your house, had that happen, but bad none the less.  Hope you find them and deal with them
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline bassman

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2020, 09:42:42 am »
Generous offer by Weylin. I have had things stolen. I would say to myself that "I hope your hands go crippled". That is not Christian, but at the time that is how you feel. They have violated you in a way that really hurts, because of your passion for bow building. Sorry for your lose.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2020, 11:35:36 am »
Real bummer, but check with the neighbors, and report it to the police and sheriff - they sometimes have knowledge of likely "persons of interest" and hearsay, someone may have even notified them of the find.  Stick a post on any bulletin boards in the area as "lost items". 
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline okie64

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2020, 01:30:45 pm »
Man i hate to hear that. Nothing will make you angrier than a thief. I recently had my shop broken into, they stole 2 chainsaws and all my power saws,sanders  and routers. I’m a carpenter by trade so I had to replace all the tools immediately. >:(

Offline wstanley

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2020, 02:07:27 pm »
I grew up in Costa Rica where if you leave something out its gone! House broken into twice and trashed. Skateboard and hat taken right from me, chased the kids down but they were bigger than me, ha! Police who don't do nothing. Its a disparaging feeling. Understand the frustration. Keep your eyes out, they are likely not the most intelligent people and may be at it again. 

Offline Gregoryv

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2020, 07:50:25 pm »
Thank you all for all of your kind words.  You guys really did make me feel a lot better.  I went to a pawn shop and got a new chain saw that was better than the one I had!  So HA to whoever stole my stuff!  I guess I just feel more violated than anything.  I never in a million years thought anything like that would happen.  Also I do have permission from the land owner to cut there.  I didn’t bring it up to him because this day and age having a land owner let you cut whatever you want whenever you want with no questions I feel is pretty valuable.  Plus if I bring it up to him I am afraid he will feel responsible or something.  I just didn’t wanna bother him with it.  And also thank you all for all of your generous offers!  Also very humbled to hear from Weynin.  A HUGE fan of your videos and all of your work.  You are someone who originally got me into this craft.  I couldn’t take any tools from any of you without feeling bad about it but do just want you all to know how much your offers mean to me.  Thank all of you so much!  I will slowly, one check at a time, get all of my tools back!
Greg
Greg

Offline willie

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2020, 10:52:21 pm »
  I didn’t bring it up to him because this day and age having a land owner let you cut whatever you want whenever you want with no questions I feel is pretty valuable.

but if the landowner lives nearby and it is a rural area, he might be missing stuff too, or know something about the going ons in the neighborhood. usually it is just one bad apple that makes grief for many until he gets caught.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2020, 07:47:14 am »
Thank you all for all of your kind words.  You guys really did make me feel a lot better.  I went to a pawn shop and got a new chain saw that was better than the one I had!  So HA to whoever stole my stuff!  I guess I just feel more violated than anything.  I never in a million years thought anything like that would happen.  Also I do have permission from the land owner to cut there.  I didn’t bring it up to him because this day and age having a land owner let you cut whatever you want whenever you want with no questions I feel is pretty valuable.  Plus if I bring it up to him I am afraid he will feel responsible or something.  I just didn’t wanna bother him with it.  And also thank you all for all of your generous offers!  Also very humbled to hear from Weynin.  A HUGE fan of your videos and all of your work.  You are someone who originally got me into this craft.  I couldn’t take any tools from any of you without feeling bad about it but do just want you all to know how much your offers mean to me.  Thank all of you so much!  I will slowly, one check at a time, get all of my tools back!
Greg
Greg

You should reconsider telling him.  The info that there are wandering thieves in the area may be useful to him
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline bassman

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2020, 08:06:38 am »
Drug addicts will do any thing for a fix. It happens often in my small neighbor hood. Even had 3 over doses in the last 2 years in a town of less than 200 people.Not saying it is what happened in your case, but it happens often, and world wide.

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2020, 08:35:56 am »
That's tough to hear.
When you approach the landowner be sure he understands that you  do not blame him in any way.
You just want to let him know so the same thing does not happens him.
Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!