Author Topic: Bad day.  (Read 2919 times)

Offline Gregoryv

Bad day.
« on: March 17, 2020, 07:32:43 pm »
Ok I am not sure if this fits on here or not but I am going to share my experience today and maybe it will make me feel a little better.  So I just got access to a new Osage hedge.  So I went there to cut today.  It’s about a quarter mile down from where I park so I lug my saw, wedges, and sledge down there and put them on the edge of the row.  I was tired so I left them there and walked the row to mark trees if any I wanted to cut.  Come back 15 minutes later, and my saw and all my tools are gone.  Someone took them.  It’s a terrible thing and I am really aggravated and discouraged.  Who would do that?  I can’t afford to get more right now!
Anyways thanks for letting me borrow your ears!
Greg

Online bentstick54

Re: Bad day.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 08:11:57 pm »
It’s getting to be a sad world we live in .

Offline Gregoryv

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 08:18:11 pm »
My axe, draw knife, rasps were all in that bag along with my wedges and my sledge hammer.  It’s my fault I shouldn’t have had it all in there.  It getting took never crossed my mind. Basically everything I have slowly accumulated at start building self bows.  I am so mad at whoever did this, because they not only stole tools from me.  They stole a hobby that I was very passionate about.  It’s what I did and have been doing in my spare time for months.  And they will probably just sell all of it for cash.  I’m sick and angry and just.....

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 08:36:08 pm »
That stinks, despise a thief.  >:(
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2020, 08:40:32 pm »
really so sorry about that,, something good will come to help you get some new stuff,,,, (=)

Offline aznboi3644

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2020, 09:08:29 pm »
I feel your pain.  I saved every dollar I had growing up and built up a nice fishing tackle supply by the time I was 14 yrs old.  One day I came home to find all 7 fishing poles and my whole tackle box had been stolen.  Years of saving and buying a reel here and a rod here were all gone.  I had to start over.  Bastards.  I hope you come back from this.

Offline mmattockx

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2020, 09:29:02 pm »
That sucks. Thieves are some of the lowest life forms on Earth. They don't steal your stuff, they steal the time it took to earn the money/make that stuff along with all the attachment you've built up to the tools they took. I hope it works out for you and something really unfortunate happens to the person who took it.

Mark
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 09:36:15 pm by mmattockx »

Offline Handforged

• Limestone Canyon Forge, Monarch MT.
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2020, 09:34:37 pm »
I've got tools in spades, just tell me what you need.
At the forge- 406-781-9098

Offline Weylin

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2020, 10:43:09 pm »
Man, really sorry to hear that. I have some extra tools that I can spare. Let me know what you need. maybe if several guys pitch in we can replace the hand tools without much trouble.

Offline maitus

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2020, 01:11:41 am »
Yes, unfortunately we don't live in fairy tale world. But You still have Your hands and Your skills. They stole Your tools, but You don't let them to steal Your spirit as well. People are irreplaceable, tools are not.

Online Hamish

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2020, 02:38:10 am »
Was it a remote area, or plenty of foot traffic, neighbours around? You could always ask neighbours if they "found" any tools, or saw someone taking them.
If you had permission to cut there, I would report the theft to the police.

Its unlikely anything will come of it, but its worth trying just in case.

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2020, 04:36:59 am »
The is no shortage of idiots and A-holes. Just hope that karma bites their ass.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2020, 05:39:44 am »
 Back when I was as going to trade school my house got broken in to. I didn’t even own anything worth  stealing. They totally trashed the place. I never felt anything like that feeling before or since.

Don’t let it get you. Your better than that. It only takes one ahole to ruin a good persons view of the whole of society. Sometimes it’s hard to believe, but I do think there are more good people than bad out there.

It’s very possible it was someone who felt they were protecting those trees. I guess if I had permission to be there. I’d ask around.

Good Luck. There will be better days. This to shall pass

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2020, 07:20:57 am »
I have had two cars stolen, one was my pride and joy jeep, my car broken into twice, house once and a brand new 20 Merc stolen off my boat that was parked in the barn. I have had some snatch and grab stuff taken out of the bed of my truck as well.

These thefts leave you with an empty feeling that can't be put into words.

II never saw any of my stolen items again.

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2020, 07:33:47 am »
That really stinks, Greg.  Sorry.
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour