Author Topic: Releases  (Read 1574 times)

Offline Ricardovanleeuwen

Releases
« on: March 31, 2020, 03:53:56 pm »
I know some of you dont think It is primitive but since ik shooting my bow more often my fingers are getting more sore, i tried a leather glove for multiple shots with all of my arrows but the arrows hit the target with a lot of spread, while using no protection the groups are closer so i was Thinking of primitive ways to make a release.
 On internet i Saw a ring that look like A 6 or ,9  wich Will rotate as u let the lever loose
 I liked the Idea and instantly checked my box with Bones and started to think how Anny bone could be used as a release with as less effort as possible ( saving energy is really primitive ;D)
I found 2 different type of Bones who could suit the job if they are strong enough, i think they are from a roedeere.

This is Just a RAW Idea have to test It tomorrow when the daylight arrives, the Bones are Both from back spine or neck area (i guess) pic 1 would be anchor pic 2 release, 3 anchor and 4 release. I think the second one would work good after smoothing It. Anny thoughts on this or other ideas?

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
Re: Releases
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 04:05:09 pm »
might wear down the string but i say try it.

Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 04:35:45 pm »
If It works i can always Ad An extra loop to the string
I rather shoot bare hand but i think i made the bow a bit too heavy for A first bow

Offline Deerhunter21

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 04:48:35 pm »
or pad the bone with leather

Offline dylanholderman

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 05:11:13 pm »
Or just replace the serving when it wears out. Hard thumb rings for archery are older than the invention of iron.

Offline bassman

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 07:32:36 pm »
I have made the ring release from wood ,and plexiglass , and tried it. You get a smooth ,quick, clean release if you can find a comfortable anchor. I could not, so I remain shooting fingers.

Offline Deerhunter21

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2020, 09:40:00 am »
I just mean that the bone might be a bit more abrasive

Offline dylanholderman

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2020, 10:08:37 am »
I just mean that the bone might be a bit more abrasive
a fair point but smoothing off any rough/sharp edges that are causing a problem is well within a "primitive" archers means

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 01:38:31 am »
I didn't trust the spine bone to hold the weight as i did find It in some swampy place burried Just under the soil. The soup bone Bones were Just too small so i ended up with making a wooden release. Im going to test It today. Here is how It looks