Author Topic: Maple Board Bow Tiller Review  (Read 8418 times)

Offline mmattockx

Re: Maple Board Bow Tiller Review
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2020, 04:35:47 pm »
Last pics before I shoot it some, forgot to get my wife to take a full draw shot before I left the acreage. Next time, I guess.

Full brace, which is more than I wanted but the string is as long as it is ever getting...

Drawn to just under 26". The left (top) limb is definitely weak and the twist came back with the higher brace height. Hopefully heat treating adds enough weight that I can get the twist out and not miss my target weight.

Arrows are here on Tuesday if amazon holds up their end of things so will be shooting it then if it all works as planned.

Mark

Offline mmattockx

« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2020, 05:20:42 pm »
It's officially a bow. Only took a few shots at a tree as my straw bales are buried in snow at the other end of the acreage, but it has now flung an arrow and didn't explode getting there. I will need to dig out a sled to get a few bales closer to my shop to do the real shooting in. Hopefully tomorrow or Thursday that will happen.

And the obligatory full(ish) draw picture:

Mark

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2020, 05:25:27 pm »
That's a beauty, Mark!  Congratulations.
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline mmattockx

« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2020, 10:34:21 am »
Thanks, I will post a couple more overall pictures after I shoot it some and get a finish on it.

I'm still amazed that a stick will bend like this and that it didn't blow up during tillering.

Mark

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2020, 01:04:54 pm »
Yeah, it seems like one of those little everyday miracles when something like that works.  I just bought myself an oak board and a few tools, and next week I'm off work, so wish me luck.  :)
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline mmattockx

« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2020, 01:28:21 pm »
It sure does feel miraculous. Good luck with yours, I hope it turns out like you want.

Mark