Author Topic: TN Classic Canceled  (Read 10207 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
TN Classic Canceled
« on: March 25, 2020, 04:28:40 pm »
Sorry to say because of all that is going on we made the hard decision this morning to call it off . You just don’t know how hard this is for me, most that come are like family to me some even closer. I hope everyone understands. We may do something later depending on how all this plays out. No fear here but just can’t take the chance of some of my friends getting ill. Hope all stay safe and hope to see ya somewhere down the road. Sometime sad but Life is still good . 😉 Pappy  / PS please help me get the word out!!!!!!!!!!
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Calendargirl

• Administrator
Re: TN Classic Canceled
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 04:31:02 pm »
I know that had to be torture to make that decision.  And knowing you all it was a decision made out of love for your "family" not out of fear.  We love you Pappy and are here for you.  I am sad and will miss seeing everyone, but totally understand your decision.

Marie
You shouldn't grow a wishbone where your backbone should be.

Offline Mad Max

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 04:50:29 pm »
Yeah is all good, but we can do it later.
Love you guys
I would rather fail trying to do something above my means, Than to succeed at something beneath my means.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 05:34:11 pm »
I know it's hard Pappy but I think it's the right decision. We all feel the same about missing the Classic.  :(
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 09:33:06 pm »
It's the right decision--But I can't help but feel this is my fault, because I had decided to come no matter what.  The same sort of thing happens to the sports teams I root for.  I am sorry.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 01:25:53 am »
Hopefully this thing "runs it's course" sooner rather than later and the whole world can start to function normally!  Colorado is closed starting tomorrow,(mandatory stay at home order),  except for essential activities, until at least 12 April, maybe 17 April.  The jargon is "flatten the curve" to slow the spread, and avoid overwhelming the medical care system.  The high morbidity and mortality rate doesn't help!  Stay healthy, everyone!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline chamookman

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 02:15:44 am »
Sorry to hear that Pappy - I know that was a hard decision . Thoughts and Prayers for all ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 07:46:28 am »
It was the right thing to do pappy. You can sleep at night knowing that. 
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2020, 05:30:46 pm »
Pappy, I know that was a really hard thing to do but thanks for keeping us all safe. We are looking forward to 2021.
Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.

Offline HH~

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2020, 07:28:07 am »
See how this pans out. Maybe ya get a crack at Super Natural National Classic later this year if the Wuhan backs off.

See if the Tenn wamrth can knock the boots off that China Scurdge.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2020, 09:09:42 am »
Heat didn't stop it in Australia and they have had one of their hottest, driest summers on record.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2020, 09:28:35 am »
I guess we will have to wait to finish our trade a little longer now Pat. I broke the news to my daughter Marley last night. 
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2020, 12:34:25 pm »
No problem, Dave. Just stay safe and healthy.  :OK

Offline HH~

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2020, 06:37:02 am »
Australia is great, been in bush there in NWT.  Lost of nice toothy snakes and Croc's up there. Buddy crashed a UH-60 there in the 1990's. . .  But Australia ain't the USA. You dont ever bet against yer own colors! At least not these ones; Black n Blue that been in mud and blood.

Look for a goodun in Tenn if we  (USA and DJT) can whoop this China Wuhan Virus.

Keep yer eyes on the sky line.

Be at the farm all day today gettin some work dun.

HH~
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 11:45:12 am by HedgeHunter »
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2020, 05:55:10 am »
Miss you guys /gals .normally about this time I would be have a good time fellow shipping with good friends and listening to James Parker's bull  24/7 . ;) :) :) :) Just as I figured, the weather is calling for clear sky's Wednesday mid day through Sunday, high's in the mid to high 70's and low's in the mid to high 50's. ???
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good