Author Topic: Bad aiming or 90% of arrows too heavy spine?  (Read 2269 times)

Offline DC

Re: Bad aiming or 90% of arrows too heavy spine?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2020, 11:31:05 am »
How much of this can be in your brain? I've noticed a few times when I have changed bows that my "group" ( I use the term loosely :D) will move off to the left(say). If I just keep shooting, over the next hour or so the group will drift to the right until it gets as close to the centre as it's going to. I don't put any conscious thought into this it just happens. If I go back to the other bow the reverse happens until I'm more or less hitting the centre.

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2020, 11:35:46 am »
if all the arrows are the same spine even if they're not spined to the bow, the arrows will fly consistantly. juuussstt maybe a little or a lot to the left or right.
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2020, 11:37:59 am »
That's not totally true, Russssellllllll. When arrows are far enough off from matching the bow they can go anywhere when you let the string go. Nothing consistent about them.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2020, 11:47:05 am »
Russssellllllll

LOL!!!!  (lol) (lol) 

definitially listen to pearly over me!!!!!!
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2020, 11:49:12 am »
Muzzle loaders are similar when the round and the charge aren't friends. That round can go anywhere from shot to shot even when the charge is the same. So you tune the gun in to the round by adjusting the charge. Eventually they become friends and more often than not consistency is right behind.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Ricardovanleeuwen

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2020, 04:52:05 pm »
Thanks for the advise, i think they are too stiff , conpared to a good Arrow they are also thicker indeed.
I now also understand the term fishtailing since i shot a real thin Arrow a further away target and Saw It go left and right. From close by that same Arrow hits kind of good