Author Topic: Looking to trade for some antler! White tail, mule deer, elk, caribou  (Read 2073 times)

Offline Handforged

• Limestone Canyon Forge, Monarch MT.
My supplies are running pretty low and this shed hunting season is still snowy and muddy so I'm not able to get out much before the squirrels get to them. I need some white tail crowns and antler. Diameter of 1" or larger at the base of the crown if possible. I also need some elk and caribou pieces. I cut these into slabs usually so it can be about any shape. Certainly let me know what you have and we can go from there. I have plenty to trade and making a knife or tool in return is not out of the question. Thanks folks!
At the forge- 406-781-9098

Offline Mesophilic

Re: Looking to trade for some antler! White tail, mule deer, elk, caribou
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 03:42:28 pm »
Sending PM
Trying is the first step to failure
-Homer Simpson-

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 11:44:12 am »
I sent you a text.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 07:53:05 am »
I donate a bunch of stuff to a St Jude auction over at the Trad Gang, a few years ago I took all my antlers off the wall and put them in a washtub in the attic of my shop.

My thinking was to cut them off the skull plates and group them in lots as "craft antlers" for buttons, some knife handles or flint knapping tools.  None of these antlers are huge, most are off year and a half old deer, some 2 1/2s, spikes and 3 points abound but would be good for small projects.

I have until the end of May to gather them up and get them ready. I will post the lots, if anyone here wants to make a donation to St jude for a lot I will ship them to them for free.

You can see some of them in the background of this picture, UPDATE I got the rest of them out of the attic as shown in the second picture, I still have some sheds, all 1 1/2 year olds that I haven't added to the pile.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 07:53:57 am by Eric Krewson »