Author Topic: switching back and forth  (Read 1783 times)

Offline TimBo

switching back and forth
« on: April 11, 2020, 05:03:21 pm »
For anyone out there who shoots both modern centershot recurves and self bows:  Do you have any issues going back and forth between the two?  I have always kind of wanted a takedown recurve, and picked one up this fall.  It was a good deal, and I like the bow, but the point of impact seems to be quite different.  I got some new arrows, did bareshafting, and got them shooting great, but they still like to hit to the right (RH bow) by several inches at 15-20 yards.  I was watching the Gary Davis portion of Masters of the Barebow, and he mentions having the same issue, which did make me feel a bit less crazy.  He says he could adapt to the recurve quickly if needed and that it was caused by the centershot riser.  It seemed like it would be fun to pick up a nice recurve once in a while, but I don't want to get used to it if it messes up my selfbow shooting!  Does anyone have any thoughts?   

(I avoided mentioning that the recurve is FG - if that makes this more appropriate for Around the Campfire, please move it.  Thanks!)

Offline jimmi the sammi

Re: switching back and forth
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 09:45:09 pm »
Sent a PM.