Author Topic: Arrows?  (Read 1715 times)

Offline Likemp

Arrows?
« on: April 22, 2020, 10:58:09 am »
I'm getting close...to getting close to finishing my first couple of selfbows, black locust pyramid and American flatbow, but I have nothing to shoot them in with.  I started this journey a little bit before the quarantine hit and have been slowly accumulating what I need, but this is a piece I have not been able to track down locally (SW WI).  I cut some Elderberry shoots a bit ago to dry and plan on taking up arrow making eventually, but that isn't happening soon.  Are there any non-work-of-art wooden shaft arrows out there that need a new home?  Something that could be used by a newbie to shoot in and practice with my first selfbows?  Or perhaps just a tip of where to look?  Open to suggestions for trades. Thanks in advance!!

Offline Trapper Rob

Re: Arrows?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 11:34:20 am »
Check with warpath he makes nice arrows & shafts

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 11:44:22 am »
3 Rivers sells "Hunter" cedar arrows that are as cheap as you will find them.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Likemp

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 12:02:34 pm »
Thanks for the tips!  I feel silly for not checking 3 Rivers first, I guess I assumed they weren't open at the moment.

Offline JEB

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 02:47:51 pm »
Lost Nation sells a decent wood arrow also. Mom and pop store and great folks to deal with.