Author Topic: Marshall Primitive Archery long distance Rendezvous  (Read 21508 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Marshall Primitive Archery long distance Rendezvous
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2020, 09:12:20 pm »
Looks good BJ.  My fire was cancelled due to storms tonight.  I'm stitching up a quiver.  I'll be heading to the camper as soon as the rain stops.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2020, 09:14:26 pm »
Got Nina to shoot a few. No fire here, raining. Think I'm headed to the shop to have a late one

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2020, 10:00:09 pm »
Too much wind for a fire, other than cooking a leg of lamb on the grill, turned out perfect! Also sated zucchini and yellow squash!  Didn't get to shoot today, maybe tomorrow or Monday.  Did get the workbench stripped and a picture taken, back wall area of the garage is clear, except for one peg of the pegboard, also got a pic of the leg of lamp on the grill.  Just ham to figure out how to upload, can't get Flickr or Imgur to work on this iPad!  Got to be an easy way a non-techie can do that!  Nice fire BJ, storms are driving a lot of us inside
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline chamookman

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2020, 03:11:50 am »
Great Pics BJ !
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2020, 06:05:59 pm »
Brought the grandkids along
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2020, 06:16:19 pm »
I didnt get any pics, but the kids and I went to the farm and had a fire. I was thinking of you guys. It felt odd driving in the opposite direction this weekend.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline RyanY

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2020, 09:08:28 pm »
It has been a busy weekend but not for bow making. Mulched the flowerbeds, went on a couple hikes, and spent some much neede time with family. One bow is taking forever for the finish to dry enough to move on. Worked on reprofiling an old butcher knife blade into a Japanese style utility knife for cooking. Fun little project!

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2020, 11:45:01 pm »
Got 3/4" rain, so most all activity was indoors, prepping for the move!  Replaced some ceiling panels, still got 2 to go, and took all the reloading stuff off the table - some of those get new screws when I set up again.  Sure glad I am not going to do the Bolder Boulder 10 km this year, it was canceled!  I guess 50,000 folks jammed together was not "social distancing" (lol). Besides, my knee isn't ready and there is too much to here!  My son dropped by for a while yesterday with some friends to assess the heavy work of loading out!  There goes a big lunch and some good beer!
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline chamookman

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2020, 03:03:39 am »
Mowed and then got the Chainsaw out and loped off a Branch on a Big Maple that's been bugging Me. The Yeti stopped by and brought a Bow, so We killed a Bunch of Dandylions with Judos in My Yard. HOT - 87 here in Mid Michigan yesterday ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2020, 06:53:19 am »
Well it’s Memorial Day. Remember what it really means.

I should be drinking my coffee watching the sunrise through the trees at wilder creek. By this time most of the regular crowd would be gone. The camp ground Would be looking lonely and I would already be missing many of you.

Soon I would be packing up my stuff. Usually I go home with things I didn’t come with. Leave without other things I brought. Some I traded. Some were gifted. Sometimes a arrow I couldn’t find is left for someone else to find. One thing I always take home is great memories. I really miss not being able to load up on those this year. I guess I have memories of my family and our campfire. They are good memories.

Normally Frank is trying to make a deal I can’t refuse about now. We have developed a good relationship and I really missed him, Dave and Steve. My pickup is full of stuff, but it’s all stuff I took to the beach and made no trades. The grandkids did find a few treasures. I was gifted a seagull feather by my youngest grandson. We took him to Marshall last year. The only stone I brought home, was a nice flat skipping stone that litter this beach and provide lots of entertainment for both young and old. I very much enjoyed the time spent with my family around a terrific campfire with awesome weather.

I missed you all and wished you could sit around our fire. I was very much looking forward to seeing some of you I haven’t seen in a few years. Good Lord Willing we shall meet again.

As I always say when we are pulling out  of Wilder Creek. Only 360 days till next Marshall Primitive Archery Meet.

I’m already making plans

Bjrogg

Offline RyanR

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2020, 11:57:31 am »
It sounds like you made the best of a bad situation BJ. It looks like some pretty relaxing time by the campfire.
I managed to get the kid out fishing this weekend. She was pretty bummed she didn't get to play with Nina this weekend. Hopefully next year things will work out better.
I stopped by and fixed my dads lawn mower that quit running. He was pretty happy about that.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2020, 12:04:16 am »
Looks like the "kid" caught lunch! 

Everyone, this is Memorial Day to remember our fallen comrades and protectors who paid the ultimate price - Freedom isn't free, it's bought and paid for with blood, sacrifice, and the lives of men and women!  Some of us were lucky enough to not be "in country" or any hot zone, some can't, or won't talk about where they were or what they did, and many are still serving!  Remember them and thank a vet!
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2020, 12:05:52 am »
Also, I hope to make at least the "northern" part of the circuit next year!  See you there!
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2020, 06:23:28 am »
Yup Ryan. We made lemonade from our lemons. It turned out to be very refreshing.

Looks like you did all right to. Nice perch. If you and the “kid” want to wet your line on the big lake or from our beach, your both welcome. The big lake has been calm this weekend and lot’s of people enjoying it.

Yes Jerry. That’s what is really important about this weekend.

Last year on the way home from Marshall we came to a road block. People were turning around and going around town. A elderly veteran came up to us and apologized for the delay. He said they were supposed to set up the detour a mile back so we could just drive around town.

I told him no need to apologize. That’s what this weekend was really for. We were right next to the cemetery. He said it wouldn’t be long. Just a small parade. I couple of fire trucks and some vets. Told him we were honored to have such a good spot to watch the parade. He thanked us and continued down the line of vehicles behind us. I’d like to think he got the same response from all those people to. Somehow I kinda doubt it though.

Thanks to all those fallen soldiers and their families. I know it’s not enough, but it’s sincere and really all they ever asked. Bless them all

Hope you all had a nice weekend.

Bjrogg

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2020, 07:10:45 am »
Thank you all for sharing your weekend with us as best we could
I really appreciate you taking time to post it means a lot to me
I wish I could do pictures on here for you but about the time I get them figured out something changes and they don't work again  ugh!
Take care and have fun
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !