Author Topic: Looking for arrows and some misc  (Read 3373 times)

Offline Corvus

Looking for arrows and some misc
« on: May 15, 2020, 01:44:18 am »
Not feeling like making arrows, plus lack of extra dried lumber. Nothing fancy, just some various lengths and weights for shooting in the current projects once I get to that point. Would also be interested in a toothed planer blade, a solid knife, good chisels, vintage/antique tools of the trade, finishing supplies(overlays,inlays, that type of stuff).

What I have to trade:
-B55 strings made to your specs (currently have green,silver, Flo purple, neon red b55 and then gold serving)
-Yew staves (Pacific, green, roughed out for faster drying MC 15%-20%)
-Ocean spray shafts and billets(staves once find some of the good big stuff) Green and sealed MC varying from 20%-40%
-Have a lot of spare files

Not sure what else I might have to trade at the moment, stockpile is mostly spoken for on the current projects once I finish getting my mobile shop all setup to start on them lol
Thanks!
-Corvus
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 05:15:39 pm by Corvus »
Don't worry, we got yew!
-PNW

Offline Mafort

Re: Looking for arrows and some misc
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 09:15:05 am »
Might be interested in some ocean spray. I have a Purple Heart board and some gold leaf I’d trade.

Offline Corvus

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 11:31:13 am »
Might be interested in some ocean spray. I have a Purple Heart board and some gold leaf I’d trade.
Pmed
I will go harvesting OS this weekend. I have a spot to grab quite a few that look like good stave material, probably a lot of billets as well ;)
Don't worry, we got yew!
-PNW

Offline Corvus

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 05:18:02 pm »
 Have some OS now, likely going to end up with billets, but hoping the long thick ones are able to pull a stave from. Updated to add MC range of the wood I have. I may also go looking for some vine maple and pacific dogwood this week.
Don't worry, we got yew!
-PNW

Offline Corvus

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2020, 01:11:16 pm »
Located vine maple, will be harvesting this week.
Also I think the yew I got at the moment may be limited to backed applications. Knotty sapwood from limbs being smaller trees, but might be able to keep some sapwood. Largest ones with clearest backs are from dead yew where sapwood was toast anyways
Don't worry, we got yew!
-PNW

Offline Mafort

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2020, 01:43:07 pm »
Might be interested in the staves too. Send me some pictures

Offline Hilongbow

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2020, 05:32:51 am »
Might be interested in some yew, even if it needs to be backed. I've got some curly koa that would be good for overlays, Hawaiian ohia, which is a nice hard wood with a pinkish brown color, or Hawaiian milo, which is sort of like black walnut (dark heartwood, light sapwood) and is great for carving utensils or turning for bowls. Or, if you are a caffeine junky, I can send some 100% Kona or Ka`u coffee your way. I've also got some random strips of padauk, teak, curly maple, maybe some others. I know this isn't exactly what you are looking for, but thought I'd toss it out there.

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2020, 09:35:36 am »
If this trade is still open I have arrows of a number of weights and spines, some used more than others, some I can touch up to be like new.
I would be interested in yew, I'm sure I can find rawhide to back it somewhere.