Author Topic: Ocean spray  (Read 1553 times)

Offline Corvus

Ocean spray
« on: May 17, 2020, 04:29:59 pm »
Don't feel like trying to find the bigger guys, did find some decent sized ones though. Long thick ones may end up as billets anyways though. Need to pickup a chainsaw lol could harvest way more, but just using a little bow saw wears you the eff out.

PS: my pictures will always suck until I get a new phone lol both cameras seem to be scratched up
Don't worry, we got yew!
-PNW

Offline DC

Re: Ocean spray
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 05:54:57 pm »
Are both piles OS?

Offline Ed Brooks

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 07:13:06 pm »
Nice haul. I like to cut mine in fall / winter I have cut later and got into the early late wood change under the bark. Stay safe out there.
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline Corvus

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 07:24:06 pm »
Are both piles OS?
Yep, pile of smaller size is for shafts
Nice haul. I like to cut mine in fall / winter I have cut later and got into the early late wood change under the bark. Stay safe out there.
Probably would be a better time to cut, we have forest of the stuff though and I am often removing it for work anyways. Also I just need to get a stockpile going. Lot of good bow woods here, found a lot of vine maple earlier that I will harvest later this week as well
Don't worry, we got yew!
-PNW

Offline DC

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2020, 07:51:56 pm »
Get them split/sawn within the week or they will check :D

Offline Corvus

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2020, 08:41:14 pm »
Get them split/sawn within the week or they will check :D
Yeah taking tomorrow off to deal with errands, going to deal with what i have then and maybe forage some more. Working on building a stock and also for trading. Wish I could find some dogwood, not sure what else around I should be looking for. Will have stock of yew, OS and vine maple being stashed away to dry
Don't worry, we got yew!
-PNW