Author Topic: Yew Molly - 'Assistens' - 53@28 - my 2nd bow is DONE! - pic heavy  (Read 3903 times)

Offline HH~

Re: Yew Molly - 'Assistens' - 53@28 - my 2nd bow is DONE! - pic heavy
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2020, 06:59:59 am »
Gottta love that!

Very nice finish on that bow.

HH~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline DC

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2020, 08:04:40 am »
medicinewheel: That was in the thought process!
How would you have gone about reducing the levers? thickness or or width? both? how much? I stopped, when I thought one lever was maybe starting to bend very slightly, but maybe I was just paranoid ;) All that time and effort, and if they get too thin..  (--)

I'm definitely not putting a shelf on the next one. Maybe a glued on rest. Thanks for praise, means a lot!

If you tape bamboo skewer to the back of the bow right at the base of the lever so that the outer end is free you can see how much the levers bend.

Offline NicAzana

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2020, 02:06:47 am »
You can sorta see it in the pics, the top fade is very slightly recurved unbraced, but it is straight in the FD pic. At least, that’s what I’m seing. From reading you guys’ comments here, and seing Del’s resurfaced molly thread, I could maybe have made it narrower out of the lever fade, but it has some slight limb twist, and I was nervous that it might bend sideways. There’s no hand shock, and it feels very comfortable to shoot.

Maybe I’ll get around to measuring a force/draw curve.

My next one will probably be a AFB/pyramid hybrid elm, if it doesn’t break on me...
time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana