Author Topic: ElmHall stick bow shoot  (Read 18223 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
ElmHall stick bow shoot
« on: June 01, 2020, 05:36:39 pm »
The Elmhall stick bow shoot in ElmHall MI. is on for this year, it is July31/August1/2 . It's a can't miss event for me. If you haven't been before you should give it a try, great folks/great range/great camping, just an all round good time. Hope to see yall there.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline chamookman

Re: ElmHall stick bow shoot
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 01:22:38 am »
Sweet  (=) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 05:46:50 am »
Definitely good news. It may look a little different and we have to follow a few simple rules in regards to distancing. The amount of food the club can serve is still up on the air, so for now plan on bringing all you need. I'm looking forward to it.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 07:23:36 am »
Great News Pearl. Sure nice to get some of it. Hopefully I can sneak out there and see some friends.

So glad you all didn’t just cancel this event. Here’s hoping for a nice turnout, safe travels and pleasant memories for everyone involved.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2020, 08:34:00 pm »
I certainly will miss seeing you all this year. Taking Nina to The Boundary Waters with my buddy for a week of backpacking canoeing and fishing. We enter August 2nd. It was half running through my mind driving the wrong way around the lake and hitting the shoot on the way there >:D >:D

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 01:10:50 pm »
That would be some serious miles buddy! I wouldn't argue with you though, be good to see you.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline RyanR

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 02:58:27 pm »
This is good news! Laci and I are ready.  (=)

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2020, 04:14:12 pm »
Cahl and I are heading up for this one this year. I really excited to finally make it. We have heard such great things about it. I’ll have to get full details as time gets closer.

Looking forward to seeing you all!
Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2020, 06:31:18 am »
I think you two will love it, Coby. Its laid back and the courses are second to none. Plus, there are stuffed bag targets that are right off the main vehicle path that get shot at all day long. Not sure how the food serving situation will rattle down just yet. Normally, its the best feed in the state. But our current situation dictates change for at least this year. Plenty of room to maneuver and park your big trailer, if you bring it.

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2020, 09:33:49 am »
I think you two will love it, Coby. Its laid back and the courses are second to none. Plus, there are stuffed bag targets that are right off the main vehicle path that get shot at all day long. Not sure how the food serving situation will rattle down just yet. Normally, its the best feed in the state. But our current situation dictates change for at least this year. Plenty of room to maneuver and park your big trailer, if you bring it.

I have a little 14 foot cargo trailer I converted now so I can get in places easier. Put the miles on it last year over 5,100 at 8 events. Had 14 on the list this year. I'll be lucky to make 4. But that's what next year is for right? Let me know if you all need anything for a raffle or auction. I know someone that would be happy to hook ya up.
Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2020, 05:12:57 am »
Look forward to seeing yall Coby, you will enjoy this one for sure. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2020, 10:10:11 am »
I’m hoping to at least pop in for awhile. It’s looking like it might hit right in the middle of wheat harvest. Usually fair week, but no fair this year. Will try hard to sneak out there for at least a night.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2020, 01:43:47 pm »
That's a mere 17 hours one way for me. (And I hate anything over a half hour drive away)

But it's on my mind, that's for sure.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline PNewton

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2020, 03:19:21 pm »
Glad to hear this shoot is going to happen. Looking forward to it.
They canceled the GLLI a couple weeks ago.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2020, 04:43:31 pm »
I'm working hard to get to a stopping point on my new home so I can attend. 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking