Author Topic: EA-40 panic buying  (Read 1132 times)

Offline AndyTurner

EA-40 panic buying
« on: June 02, 2020, 03:51:36 pm »
I say - I tried to buy some EA-40 today. The lady on the phone said that sales have gone mad since Covid-19 and she was low on stock. It was like panic buying she said. I know you little “buggers” have been up to now “working from home” is it??? I’ll have you!!!
😂😂😂😂

Online Hamish

Re: EA-40 panic buying
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 05:12:36 pm »
Lol, The stuffs almost as valuable as toilet paper.

Offline gumboman

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 06:47:34 pm »
Glad I have a pint. It is wonderful stuff. Used some today to wrap a splinter on my osage bow with rawhide and twine.

Offline HH~

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 07:49:39 am »
Just buy Huntsmans instead.

HH~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 08:09:50 am »
I was in as panic a few weeks ago when I saw the price for two 5oz tubes of EA-40 and $10 for shipping.  As little as I would use it I just could not justify it.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline HH~

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 06:29:52 pm »
Huntsmans has longer pot time. Can take higher temps, rolls on way easier, goes further and lasts longer. It aint cheap but if ya want good American product this is it. Good stuff usually is worth it in long run.
I use it for boo, glass, lams, splicing billets. Good chit!

I loved EA40 too until i use this stuff. Think best stuff for splicing is Brownells Acra Glass gel. Like it because when cured is has zero shrinkage. Its a two part epoxy same as EA 40 but a tad thicker and rock solid.

HH~

HH~

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 11:54:48 pm »
OK, where do you get Huntsmans, EA 40 I could drive to Denver (NOT) and pickup at the store!  Plus we are moving very soon!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Tommy D

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2020, 02:31:39 pm »
Have you tried West System G-Flex epoxy ... I have been using it and think it’s great.

Offline HH~

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2020, 03:03:50 pm »
Order from Rosewood Archery.

For splicing let Huntsmans cook off for 30-40min or gravity will pull it out of your work.

Brownells use right after mixing. Het it from brownells direct. I buy it in 8oz jars. Last a long time if you keep inside at a constant temp.

HH

Offline gumboman

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2020, 07:36:17 pm »
Considering what we do with bows, laminating, gluing fishtail splices, fixing splinters, repairing breaks, etc, EA-40 epoxy will perform in a most satisfactory manor. I have used it for more than 25 years and it has never failed. Easy to use. Easy to mix. Very long pot life. Extreme strength.  Very high temperature tolerance. Low cost. Keeps for a long time.

There might be other epoxy glues that are better but I have not used them and don't know about them. But I do know EA-40. Have made many high stress laminate wood glass bows and never had a failure with EA-40. For anyone wanting a strong glue that bonds well, has high strength, and is easy to use, EA-40 is a great choice,