Author Topic: Anyone else into Cycling?  (Read 4267 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: Anyone else into Cycling?
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2020, 04:10:07 pm »
100 miles one way or the other . . .  ;D    :o    :D
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline JEB

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2020, 04:46:07 pm »

I checked photo's and the year was 2004 and it was in  park somewhere in the east. We were eating at a pic nic table. You had on the 2000 DALMAC jersey. If it was you,   you had a beard and was riding a recumbent.
Your buddy had on the 1997 Dalmac jersey on. He was from the Lansing, Williamsburg or Langesburg area. I think it was in the Sheridan Bay camp ground in  eastern New York. Actually I think  we ran into you guys twice. At the camp ground after the days ride in the evening and then next morning in the restaurant for breakfast.

Ring a bell yet?

« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 05:35:17 pm by JEB »

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2020, 05:42:20 pm »
Was not me. But he and I were apparently on same route.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline JEB

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2020, 05:50:03 pm »
Well sadly my Chris and I did not meet Knoll. One of the guys did mention the log, "Crazy guy on a bike " though.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2020, 08:42:57 am »
That would have been cool if you guys had met on the road. 

I got another project bike to fix and try out.  I've never rode this style of bike before.  I'm waiting on brake pads and a new tube before I can test it out.  I think the guy at the bike shop is getting tired of seeing me.

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2020, 08:54:41 am »
Here is the mountain bike that I got a few days ago.  The parts should be in soon.   I might keep one of them at work to ride on my lunch break and at the end of the day.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2020, 08:57:09 am »
We were on a bike trail yesterday evening and I swear I saw PatB flying bye on roller blades and wearing a tie dye shirt. 

Offline JEB

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2020, 10:52:39 am »
Looks like a good seat on the road bike. Is that an aluminum frame bike?  Looks like you have a STI shifting mechanism.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2020, 12:18:08 pm »
Jeb,   The frame is aluminum and the forks are carbon fiber.  It's very light.  I don't know what an STI shifting mechanism is.  It's got little triggers on each brake that shift gears.  I haven't been able to ride it to figure them out yet. 

Offline JEB

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2020, 02:26:15 pm »
If your shifters are in the break levers then that's STI shifting. The easiest way to figure that out is google it. I know one side shifts the front sprockets and the other side shifts the rear.  I don't have STI on any of my bikes.

Clint, I just googled "STI shifting on a bicycle" and lots of info came up. That's a nice bike with carbon forks and an aluminum frame.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 02:29:29 pm by JEB »

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2020, 03:08:12 pm »
It's definitely a nice bike.  The frame might be a little small for me.  If it's uncomfortable to ride I'll find it a new home and keep looking for something else.