Author Topic: Footwear  (Read 10984 times)

Offline HH~

Re: Footwear
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2020, 07:20:53 am »
Good ol US Army Jungle boots , OD Green , pair, 1 each.

HH~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2020, 05:04:22 pm »
Black leather toe and heel, polished whenever not on operations or hunting!  Object of polish is to keep 1SGT/SGM happy!  (lol)
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Araliane

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2022, 03:45:33 pm »
When wandering, I opt for waterproof sneakers. I'm not too fond of mocassins because they don't look good on my feet. My mom told me to buy boots, but I don't like them either. They feel heavy and make my feet look big. When we first went into the woods, I realized that I had to get waterproof sneakers. I couldn't find anything that would interest me anywhere, neither online nor in malls, so I asked my sister to help me. Together we found forstepstyle.com, and I was ready to go exploring. It would be best if you also chose shoes to feel comfortable and light.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 09:50:02 am by Araliane »

Offline Flyonline

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2022, 03:57:32 pm »
I use either runners or ex work boots depending on the terrain and season (snakes, water etc.). I would like to try moccasins one day, but I hunt a lot of rocky/prickly terrain, and like WB I'm a degenerate (though thoroughly unmodern  (lol) ) man. A family friend used to go shoe less year round here and mowed grass for a living for part of his life - he had soles like rock hard leather!

Ankle supporting boots can be handy if you're carrying a lot of weight and/or hiking in rough terrain, but since beginning my Alexander Technique journey, I've found that better (or proper) body use and some forethought will prevent a lot of injuries.

Steve