Author Topic: Why trap? Are there different ways to trap? What about Decrowning?  (Read 3541 times)

Offline willie

Re: Why trap? Are there different ways to trap? What about Decrowning?
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2020, 12:36:33 pm »
Don,
 I would agree with Mark in that you will loose poundage.

If the design is one that could have been better if the woods were more closely balanced, then maybe you could see a FPS improvement  (with a new arrow at the same GPP), at the new lower weight.  I dunno how you would decide whether the improvement, if any, came from  a lighter limb or working the back harder, or what proportion of each.

If  "maybe you could see a FPS improvement " sounds uncertain, it is because of another factor to consider . If re-working a heavier bow on the sides, the bow will be using the same belly as before. A belly that already took the compression and compaction of a design that worked the belly harder.

tillering the "new" design from fresh could yield more improvement if "balancing", has merit. Of course that puts us back to the "build two identical bows, except..." method of development.

On idea I have considered is doing tests on fresh samples of  smaller laminated strips. I would like to try backing possibilities of a more uniform nature than Boo, as it seems to be a composite all by itself.

:( composed but not posted before you posted the previous, Don.