Author Topic: MO-Jam 2020 CANCELLED  (Read 18624 times)

Offline gifford

Re: MO-Jam 2020 CANCELLED
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2020, 11:56:53 am »
Well, MoJAM 2020 may have been canceled but the MoJAM weather has not. Weather fella last nite is calling for mid to upper 90s, maybe 100 in some spots. One would think with MoJAM being canceled the weather might give us a break. Guess not.

Offline sleek

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2020, 01:16:06 pm »
Id still like an official reason for WHY its canceled. The state is open now, so what gives? Who made the call and why?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2020, 08:51:19 am »
That gives me some time to get settled in and ready for next year!  Maybe even learn how to do a left hand Flemish twist!  Hope to get in some hunts this year, and wet a line as soon as we get resident status!  Got a couple of staves that want to become bows!  Everyone stay safe. Maybe my idea for "old style" sourdough bread will take off!
Hawkdancer
Hope the move is smooth and easy for you guys. So, you're not in Colorado anymore..?  ???Nope!  6 miles over the boarder in Chappell, NE!  A lot closer to Lake McConaghy!  Maybe 150 miles closer to MOJAM!  It got too crowded on the Front Range!  We were able to sell our place and buy here with money left over
Jerry
Smart move I'd say Jerry. I'd heard that Loveland was getting popular with the folks wanting to escape Denver. Sounds like you picked a good time to sell. Best wishes to you guys in the new home .
Paul

Offline just robin

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2020, 11:53:42 am »
To the ones wanting to know.
Keith, Jerry and myself are the ones who made the decision to cancel MO-Jam 2020.
It was a very difficult decision to make.
We met at the range last night, and with what is happening in our county currently, we made the right decision.
Hopefully 2021 will be a better year and when you come to MO-Jam and need more answers, we can set around the shave horse, break out a jug and dive into everything that we took into consideration.
Until then, stay safe.

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2020, 11:58:05 pm »
It seems to have been a damned if you do, damned if you don't decision!  Hopefully, all this will be over and done by next summer!  It is hard to maintain safe conditions in a large group.  I will be glad to join you "at the jug" for any discussion!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline sleek

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2020, 01:50:05 pm »
I'm just glad it was them that made the decision and not the government that made it for them. I am a little cranky it was canceled, but who isn't?  Maybe we can do two next year, or one towards the end February?  Be extremely nice to have a cold weather event ya know.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2020, 05:29:58 pm »
Keith, Jerry and myself are the ones who made the decision to cancel MO-Jam 2020.
We met at the range last night, and with what is happening in our county currently, we made the right decision.
Hopefully 2021 will be a better year and when you come to MO-Jam and need more answers, we can set around the shave horse, break out a jug and dive into everything that we took into consideration.
Until then, stay safe.

You done good guys...I would have voted right there with you.   :OK  The same thing has been a problem here with our shoots and I just can't see taking the chance.  It will be great next year! 

I just talked to John Murray and he said to tell everyone hello and that he will miss you all.  He and his family are doing just fine he said.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 06:24:22 pm by Bob Barnes »
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline cjkopec

• Chasing Heartwood
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2020, 07:45:49 am »
Until then, stay safe.

You did the right thing for the event as a whole. We are all missing being together but I know we will all make up for it next year.
Coby Kopec proud mom of Cahl  and
Founder of Chasing Heartwood

Enjoy the little things in life,
because one day you will look back,
and realize they were big things.

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2020, 09:32:33 am »
so where's the pictures of the virtual NoMoJam?  It's 94° here with a wonderful 105° heat index...at 10 am... MOJAM weather for sure.  :)
I grabbed a black locust stave and got it to a ring today to take part in the non-event event... shower time already... LOL
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2020, 10:38:12 am »
I'm still trying to get to organizing the shop to be able to shoot a bit - right now the woodpile is where the backstop will go!  Hopefully, I get a chance to chuck some wood onto the rack, after I get the thicket thinned out so the chokecherries can grow arrow straight!  The birds seem to have helped themselves to the pie cherries while I was distracted!  But I know where the target, the bows and arrows, and stringing board are!  Maybe I can get in a few shots while it is cooler weather!  Predicting 100F on Friday and 102F on Saturday!  Stay safe, everyone!
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline gifford

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2020, 11:20:53 am »
Well, we're about 20 degree cooler than you Bob, front came through and it's raining. About .75 inches so far, we may hit an inch, hope, hope. Supposed to top out in mid 80s today. Back to heat pushing 100 tomorrow it appears.

We have had some rain at MoJAM in years past. The year the camp found where the sheet overland flow became a pair of drainage which was right through the tents.

Virtual MoJAM you say, well, an osage stave needs some correction, heat gun to the rescue. Funny you should mention Black Locust, I've got several splits that have drying for a year or so. We'll see how it goes.

Offline Patches

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2020, 04:18:55 pm »
In keeping with tradition, Marshall got over 2 inches of rain this morning.

Can't be MoJam Week without at least one gully warsher!   :)

Neal
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2020, 05:53:51 pm »
Poured 2 5/8" out of the gauge this evening. The air and ground sure feels like Mojam here. In honor of the week I shall be wearing my various Mojam T shirts as I muddle about here and there...

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2020, 11:00:09 pm »
We got about a .10th of an inch, but it was cool, like maybe 90 for a while, back to the real hot Friday and Saturday, 100 pluse!  Not quite as humid as Marshall, though!  Desert air coming up from New Mexico!
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2020, 06:08:08 pm »
Hot and humid today with a heat advisory so the weather is keeping up with tradition.
Also keeping up with a more recent "tradition", my wife made her buttermilk pie today so, I've got that going for me...  >:D