Author Topic: Another shooting bag needing a home  (Read 2495 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Another shooting bag needing a home
« on: June 11, 2020, 09:30:42 pm »
This bag is more of a frontier style some call "bean" shaped. The leather is bark tanned deer hide. It came with several.small holes that I have patched, sewn with linen thread. All stitching is hand done with linen. The buckle is hand forged black iron. It has an interior pocket and the strap is woven jute. The strap is long and will accommodate a taller/heavier bodied person. If you want the strap shorter for a high and tight carry, I can customize to your preferred length.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline backwoodsguy

Re: Another shooting bag needing a home
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 05:39:09 pm »
I really like this little bag that you made. I try to trade as close as possible in dollar for dollar value. I've got several snake skin wallets that I made and also snake skin belt buckles. I've got rattlesnake , python and possibly ostrich. These are all part of my new, old stock. I guarantee them to your satisfaction. Would be glad to text you some pictures.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 07:40:03 am »
What are you looking for, John?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline gifford

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2020, 08:13:40 am »
JW That's a finely crafted shooting bag. Well done.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2020, 01:22:03 pm »
I really like this little bag that you made. I try to trade as close as possible in dollar for dollar value. I've got several snake skin wallets that I made and also snake skin belt buckles. I've got rattlesnake , python and possibly ostrich. These are all part of my new, old stock. I guarantee them to your satisfaction. Would be glad to text you some pictures.

Not in need of a wallet or best buckles. Anything else?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline backwoodsguy

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 07:50:23 am »
Here goes, full length left wing turkey feathers, parabolic cut black and white feathers, real scalp locks (my hair), several black powder measures, hand made vent pick with a hand made neck sheath, processed sinew, large smoked hair-on brain tanned pieces of buck skin, Green Mountain buffalo and sheep skinner knife blades ready for you to ad scales to their handles, completed knives with or without sheaths, small pieces of mammoth ivory, Antique wood working chisels and gouges from 3/8" to 1 1/4", Vintage saw set, 2 antique squares, ramin arrows with trade points, and I'm sure that I can find more. I just started drying a 7 and a half foot python  skin yesterday (9" wide @ it's middle). It would probably cover 4 bows if used right. Canine teeth enough to make a necklace, hanks of beads, real silver pawn jewelry, "Timber Check" moisture meter.-----You could mix and match some of the items to make it equal value.

Offline backwoodsguy

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2020, 08:02:54 am »
I forgot the two Meerschaum pipes in the shape of a lion and old man.