Author Topic: Tether ball on the swing  (Read 15668 times)

Offline Keenan

Tether ball on the swing
« on: April 26, 2008, 10:02:44 pm »
 This is an old base ball throwing/hitting screen frame that I decided to have some fun with. A few weeks ago I tied a tether ball on it as a swinging target and took it to our weekly trad shoot. The guys had a real kick with it.
  This afternoon was  shooting at it from 20 yrds while swinging. Hit twice  in a row on one round and finished of with this dead center shot on the last. It's good practice for the moving shots. ;D   Keenan

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline huntertrapper

Re: Tether ball on the swing
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 10:06:33 pm »
neat, thats fun aint it.
Modern Day Tramp

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 10:10:14 pm »
Keenan, I use something similar. I tie a seed pod from a magnolia to a string hung from a rigid conduit frame to shoot at. Once hit it swings for a moving target. I amaze myself how often I can hit it. I like the smaller target. Aim small, hit small, you know! ;D  Try it with one of your many pine cones. ;)
   Moving targets and flying targets can make for lots of fun and excitement and it is excellent training.
   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Keenan

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 10:44:46 pm »
Keenan, I use something similar. I tie a seed pod from a magnolia to a string hung from a rigid conduit frame to shoot at. Once hit it swings for a moving target. I amaze myself how often I can hit it. I like the smaller target. Aim small, hit small, you know! ;D  Try it with one of your many pine cones. ;)
   Moving targets and flying targets can make for lots of fun and excitement and it is excellent training.
   Pat
You are so right Pat aim small miss small.  ;) I'm still working hard to get back to where i was befor all the surgeries. amasing what two years of not being able to shoot much has done to the muscles. Hopefully someday I'll be trying to hone in on the golf ball instead of a tether ball.   ;D
  We also have an antelope that I made a cart for. We take turns pulling it along the field with a long rope. While the others shoot at the running antelope ;)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 10:53:19 pm »
Is that the Neighbors place I see back there...behind the Backstop??? would be a Biotch of one of the Arrows glanced off the Top and went sailing on that way!!! I had to go out one day and cut off an Arrow that missed my Backstop...traveled through my Picket Fence ....across the Alley and into my Neighbors 2x8 Treated Fence....and it went all the way through the Board....had to take a Razor knife and cut it off....before they seen it!!! I put up a Bigger Conveyor Belt Backstop the next day!!!

::)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Keenan

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 11:01:40 pm »
  :D :D No that's actually towards our front yard, the neighbors place is about 150 yrds past the fence on the other side of the road. Just have to keep an eye out for poeple waliking thier dogs once in a while. ;D

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 11:30:54 pm »
                                       Dats Life on the Wild Side......The only Way To Live!!!!!!!! >:D >:D

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 11:36:28 pm by El Destructo »
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 12:10:53 am »
Keenan, I went for a few months this winter without shooting. I can sympathize with you...and I wasn't recovering from major surgery. ;D
  At one of the 3D shoots I used to go to they had a running wolf that hung under a small cable on pulleys. It was preloaded with a large bungee cord that slung that rascal pretty quickly. Another one they had was a buck following a doe on pulleys. That was  2 quick shots for score.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Keenan

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 01:22:04 am »
 I bet that was a real kick Pat. Going to have to rig something like that for some more excitement ;D

El Destructo;;; Thats flirtin with a major confritation. :o

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 01:28:55 am »
                                         Aim Small......Miss Small..........I always HOPE.........

2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 01:37:53 am »

Hope aint gonna help ya in court Mike ! Besides I know ya dont wanna injure any one er a animal. Lookee dangerous ta me. My 2 cents......bob

gene roberts

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2008, 02:25:37 am »
Nice rigNice shot too.What is that backstop???

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2008, 02:44:48 am »
Three layers of Mine Conveyor Belt....hanging loose behind my Bag Target...got it screwed to a 2X4 on the Top of the Fence...so that there is a 3 1/2 inch gap between it and the Fence....so if an Arrow does go south it hits the Belt ....and just bounces off and drops to the Ground.... My 70 pound Bowtech wont even stick an Arrow into it....What you cant see in the Picture is my Firewood Rack...full of Mesquite and Oak behind the fence....piled 10 foot wide and 6 foot high... as long as I never have an Arrow go off while Drawing the Bow....there is no way that it will ever go through what I have set up now....when I missed before...it was the Styrofoam Target that is on the Ground....and it was just hanging on the cheap Frame it came with...and my Wood Pile wasn't behind it like it is now ....nor the Belting
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 02:49:33 am by El Destructo »
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Keenan

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2008, 03:12:42 am »
Thanks Gene, The back stop is 5/8" thick conveyor belt. ;D

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2008, 03:20:06 am »

Hope aint gonna help ya in court Mike ! Besides I know ya dont wanna injure any one er a animal. Lookee dangerous ta me. My 2 cents......bob

Maybe if I had a Bamboo Forest behind it ...that would help some more......... ;)
2024...We Will Overcome