Author Topic: Need some help with my pressure flaker  (Read 316 times)

Offline Deerhunter21

• No grudges held, just lessons learned
Need some help with my pressure flaker
« on: June 27, 2020, 11:59:55 am »
Itís getting too short and I need to take it out and put a new one in. Any idea how I can do this?
"Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money." Cree Native-American Proverb

A amature practices untill he gets it right. A master practices untill he never gets it wrong.

Russell - 15 years

Offline Deerhunter21

Re: Need some help with my pressure flaker
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 12:00:47 pm »
Pic
"Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money." Cree Native-American Proverb

A amature practices untill he gets it right. A master practices untill he never gets it wrong.

Russell - 15 years

Offline Deerhunter21

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 01:43:34 pm »
never mind i got it done.

Russell - 15 years

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 11:43:24 am »
I was going to suggest grabbing it with a pair of pliers and pull.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline gutpile

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 01:35:07 pm »
I just grind the handle a tad to expose more copper... I also use a hammer to flatten to a point also.. that way when it needs touch up I can hammer most of it back to point and touch up with file... Gut
to take from nature the materials needed to take from nature the meat needed...they all die from natural causes osage, rivercane, stone points,...

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 05:48:12 am »
If you glue it in with epoxy an easy way to get epoxy to release is to put it in the freezer overnight. most of us drill a small hole down to the copper and screw a 1/4" "elen" screw in. That way you can remove easy or adjust it when you need to.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Deerhunter21

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2020, 12:18:46 pm »
i used heat to warm the epoxy up and vinigar to soften the epoxy on the top up then just pulled!

Russell - 15 years