Author Topic: Four being finished.  (Read 3319 times)

bownarra

Re: Four being finished.
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2020, 12:27:12 pm »
How many less points would that guy have shot if he didn't have a bow with a shelf on that day shooting the same round.....???? :) :)
Making what you like is part of the fun of this game.
If we all did everything the same... :)

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2020, 01:14:25 pm »
  Bownara I guess not enough points. I don’t know. Let’s not get the popcorn out over a shelf. That’s been wore out before. I’m just old retired man that builds bows for a hobby.  Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2020, 09:00:33 pm »
sweet... Arvin, is that a BBO in the pile?  If so, I'd like to know how it shoots for you.  I would think your preferred bow style would make a great BBO.   :OK
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline willie

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2020, 10:36:08 pm »
very nice, Arvin. I'm glad your bows are in demand. if the snakey one makes it to the podium,  just tell them   "form follows function"  and keep'em guessing >:D

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2020, 05:05:25 am »
Nice work Arvin, you been busy. Hope to see some of them in Tennessee in a few weeks. Some like large shelf , some like small shelves , some no shelf at all and some off the hand, no good or bad with any, all good.  ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

gutpile

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2020, 07:30:33 am »
hey I like shelfs... and those are deep..any deeper and well you know... pushing the limits is what we do... and this limit is pushed... personally I have no issues with shelfs... great job Arvin... gut

Offline silent sniper

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2020, 07:35:56 am »
Very nice set of bows, looks awesome!

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2020, 08:02:44 am »
Yes  Bob that’s that selfbow that had a horizontal crack in one limb. It shot a flight arrow 216 FPS . But that means nothing unless the arrow was to come out clean in a flight shoot. That’s why I don’t depend on the crono. The boo kept it alive for now.  Correction that crack bow was fixed with boo but that shot was made thru a bamboo backed , bamboo core and horn belly that I built. Arvin should not get on the internet before he fully wakes up. 😁😁 Arvin
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 08:48:55 am by Selfbowman »

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2020, 06:09:03 pm »
:)  Arvin, you know that I think bamboo backed osage is magic...  :OK
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline RyanY

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2020, 06:11:59 pm »
It tortuous that you don't have more pics yet. What a tease! That snakey one is siiiiiiiiiiick. Can't wait to see them finished up.

Offline bassman

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2020, 06:29:47 pm »
I don't like shooting wood arrows for target, ,and carbon is stiff spined. My weight poundage is low  at my old age, so I cut the arrow shelves on my bows as deep as I can get away with.Tie the thinnest low stretch string I can , and can shoot a 600 spine full length carbon with a 100 grain head out of my self bows with good arrow flight at 10 gpp give or take. I also shoot a string nock which gives me 2 reference points. Each to their own ,but that is works best for me. Replica bows I cut no shelf, and no nock on the string. Self bows, or shelf bows bows what ever suits your fancy.

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2020, 08:29:39 pm »
It tortuous that you don't have more pics yet. What a tease! That snakey one is siiiiiiiiiiick. Can't wait to see them finished up.
go down a couple pages you will find a thread  Snake coming soon . You will find plenty pics of that snake. Arvin