Author Topic: What's your favorite broadhead cover?  (Read 1943 times)

Online WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
What's your favorite broadhead cover?
« on: July 19, 2020, 08:09:01 am »
I like to have a leather covering over the two-blade broadheads in my side quiver to keep them from banging around (and decrease the odds of skewering myself if I take a fall in the mountains).  I just got in some kodiak single bevels, so my old covers don't fit and I need to make some new ones.  How do you make yours?  What design do you favor?
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline artcher1

Re: What's your favorite broadhead cover?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 06:03:02 am »
These have worked well for me........

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 06:18:39 am »
I have a few of those that Art sent me a few years ago. I also put thick foam in my quivers to push the broadheads into to keep them safe and from rattling.
 Hey Art. Hope you and the gang are doing well in these troubled times. Hey to all!   :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline artcher1

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 10:41:26 am »
Staying in nursing my bad shoulders Pat. No place for old folks to go anyhow! :( Sad to say, Jeff and Butch have passed, seldom see the other guys since I hung up my bow. Lots of good memories though.......Art

Online WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 10:59:33 am »
Those are really nice, Art--I think I could make something like that.  Sorry you aren't feeling well.  T
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2020, 02:37:28 pm »
And I've got one or two that Art sent me also.I really like using the extra arrow when stalking without my quiver.I hope you are doing good also Art. I'm glad to see your input back on here. An awful lot of knowledge. I'm nursing the shoulders right now myself. Waiting for an appointment with a neurosurgeon to see what can be done. Can't pull a #10 bow.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline artcher1

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2020, 04:17:56 pm »
Sorry to hear about your shoulders Eddie! Frustrating I know. Hanging in there myself, and getting old sucks for sure! But as long as nothing happens to my trigger finger I'll still feed myself. ;D

Anytime I got a chance I'd run by Hobby Lobby and check out there leather suede scraps. They're perfect for these leather broadhead sheaths. Picked up some artificial sinew while I was there for the stitching too.......Art