Author Topic: Thank you for this site!  (Read 2401 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

Thank you for this site!
« on: August 04, 2020, 04:07:17 pm »
I have been spending some time at the Facebook Selfbow page, offering advise, sending out a few free gizmos and such.

A guy posted a bow he had for sale that was badly hinged in the fades and dead straight to the tips. I commented on the site that he he wasn't much of a bowyer, someone had pasted his bow sale from another site, they were as shocked as I was, it wasn't on Facebook. I said would send a gizmo to him if anyone knew him. The bad thing was he had 28 sales listed on his order page, I don't condone this type of behavior, selling a bow like that to someone who doesn't know a bow from a football bat and for $300 no less.

Anyway, this jerk lit into me (not the bowyer) with the most profanity laced vulgar nonsense about how I didn't know anything, I gave him my bow making credentials which seemed to make him even madder. Before long a bunch of similar minded stooges jumped into the fray and lit into me.

I asked the admins to take me off the page so I wouldn't get notices of any future posts from these classless halfwits.

I am so glad the PA site exists, honorable men and some of the best bowyers on the planet who respond with consideration for others, thank you guys!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 07:12:09 am by Eric Krewson »

Offline JEB

Re: Thank you for this site!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 04:23:01 pm »
For the most part this site is filled with honorable folks. There is one guy that posts constantly that really screwed me on a deal, like new feather grinder for knapping rock. I hope one day he get some conscience and makes the trade right but I doubt it.  He is the reason I won't get in on any type of stone point trades and Christmas swaps. And I did report him.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 05:08:09 pm »
Makes me glad I deleted facebook a few years ago
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 05:36:13 pm »
I'm too dumb for a smart phone and way too ugly for facebook...
This place, and one other, suits me just fine.  ;)

Offline sleek

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 07:08:34 pm »
I saw that post. It was a rough looking bow. All his bows are. Heck, just last month I was selling my bows for 300. I dont know how he has sold so many, id like to know his marketing strategy. 
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 02:38:18 pm »
This site is my social media!  I agree with Paul >:D! About the smart phone! (lol)
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 04:37:57 pm »
I too appreciate this site. Folks here I would like to meet but may not get the chance to. The support for learning, prayer (in whatever form it may be) $ if something charitable needs to be undertaken, general camraderie, great stories and amazing talent.

I have a phone that is smarter than me only because I like the camera. Not sure how to do much after I take the picture though! Follow a few of you on FB but that is about it. If you Youtube Ben Cunningham-Summerfield Yosemite National Park, My friend Avi put me on there years ago talking about my flutes, I have more now, almost 100!

Thanks again for everything!

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2020, 07:44:25 pm »
Hear, hear!  Nice bunch of people here.  Thanks for being patient with all my questions.

T
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2020, 05:36:23 am »
Ya love this place and the folks on it, don't do face book, Miss Joanie says this is my face book. :) As a moderator I can say we rarely have a problem with anyone, once in a while some will get a little out of hand but not very often,and they don't last long, ;)  just a great place to hang out. :)
Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline HH~

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2020, 07:19:02 am »
Im with Eric and Pappy. Don't do Spacebook. Cant have the Google Army in my Battle Space.

Shawn~
MAFA: Makin America Free Again

Long is the road, Hard is the way.

Mother Gue never raised such a foolish child. . . .

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight onto the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. RLTW

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2020, 07:38:21 am »
I would like to thank the people who keep this site going. The members who give honest critiques and very helpful tips. This site is awesome. I have never meet anyone from it who has disappointed me in person either. Fine people willing to share their knowledge and pass it along.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2020, 09:46:14 am »
After you posted this, Eric, I went and checked out their page. For the most part, good information. But it became obvious that the moderators and admins of the page have allowed the inmates to run the institution.

Once again, the management of P.A. stands out for the exemplary work they have done. Many say it is nothing, they have very little they have to deal with, etc. But I remember the old forum and some of the acrimony and viciousness that cropped up. The mods and admins must have done a heck of a job kicking butts until the message was heard across the board in order to get this kind of culture of kindness to stick.

Well done.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2020, 01:22:14 pm »
I have a son that sees me on this site and says "dad's on his BowBook again"

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2020, 03:59:03 pm »
Yeah ,I do Facebook a bit...but I've ramped it back after a poor experience with a bunch of wannabes.
I'm doing a lot on youtube and I feel anyone serious will find me there and hopefully find this forum which is the only place I come for advice.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2020, 07:41:51 am »
I quit facebook about a year and a half ago.  Among other things, I got pretty creeped out about how the whole thing is intentionally designed to be addictive.

This place is rather addictive too, but not by design.  Just a lot of fun people and interesting information on here.  Great work, mods and admins.  And members, for that matter.
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour