Author Topic: Pile of Ocean Spray and an Idea  (Read 2444 times)

Offline Corvus

Pile of Ocean Spray and an Idea
« on: August 05, 2020, 06:15:09 pm »
So thinking a giveaway, but anyone up for sponsoring? Between moving and keeping the business afloat I cannot really afford to ship all this. I get tons of Ocean Spray, grows like a weed here and people constantly clear it. In middle of clearing a decent chunk now. Only a few staves, but a ton of billets and shafts. It is an amazing wood to work with for making bows as well as arrows( makes great flight arrows). Included link (since I am too technologically inept to figure out posting pics directly here). Not even close to all of it, just to help visualize exactly how much OS I can be supplying to those who cannot get the stuff.
Ocean spray https://imgur.com/gallery/8stFrln

Cheers!

Don't worry, we got yew!
-PNW

Offline backwoodsguy

Re: Pile of Ocean Spray and an Idea
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 07:30:56 pm »
I've given away something here and have gotten a few free things also. Received two rolls of B-50 string and offered to pay the $11.00 shipping. I gave away a snake skin and paid the $5.00 shipping myself. Arrow material will be probably be a minimum of $15.00 shipping. If it's free I should be willing to pay the shipping. Others can tell you how much it cost to ship a stave. It's a good deal if all you have to do is pay shipping but always look a gift horse in the mouth and make sure it's not lame.

Offline Corvus

Re: Pile of Ocean Spray and an Idea
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 12:13:18 pm »
Yeah, I was not sure how that all works or what is allowed on the forum. Why I figured I'd see if someone may feel like sponsoring it and make it into a sort of event for the community here. I will finish processing stuff this weekend and post some updated pictures. I am too busy to make much at the moment and it is more than I will use anytime soon. Also the risk of checking is high with OS, why I wanted to figure out a way to do it free to the recipients. If it were not for this whole covid thing I would be in a good enough place to just eat the cost myself. Just wanted to give back to this awesome community with how easy I can get truckloads of this stuff.

Cheers!
Don't worry, we got yew!
-PNW