Author Topic: A few things for trade.  (Read 2782 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
A few things for trade.
« on: August 09, 2020, 09:43:05 pm »
A little history first. I was commissioned a few years ago to make 3 gun scabbards for a guy that hunted Wyoming on horseback. He shot Weatherby bolt action rifles with scopes and had a worn out scabbard I could use to make a pattern. I ordered the leather, 9-10oz Argentine oak tanned leather and traced out the outline of the pattern. Once I cut it out I realized I cut this one for a left handed gun. I made the three scabbards for the guy and he was pleased. While cleaning up my basement shop recently I came across this piece. It's raw, cut out leather. Stitching holes will have to be added, edges beveled and a dye job and then just stitch it up.
If you would like any other info please feel free to PM or email me. Here are a few pics...

Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: A few things for trade.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 11:46:26 am »
Do you think that would encase a Marlin 336 30-30 lever action?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 12:13:09 pm »
John, I know it will encase a 30-30 or maybe swallow it.  I'd be happy to take some measurements. You might be able to reduce it to fit if necessary.  Did you notice it is left handed?
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2020, 12:21:45 pm »
I am thinking this will be a case for storage when travelling, keeping the gun from dings and scratches. Left versus right won't mean much since I am not scabbarding off a horse.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2020, 12:26:07 pm »
By the way, I notice North Carolina has had earthquake, hurricane, and tornado all in one week.  No judgement from me, but are all ya'll right with the Lord? Not sayin', just sayin!   O:)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2020, 06:21:23 pm »
  John. I think there is enough leather in this scabbard cutout that you should be able to conform it to your needs. If you think you are interested I'll send it out to you.