Author Topic: 2020 US Flight Shoot  (Read 14048 times)

Offline avcase

Re: 2020 US Flight Shoot
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2020, 05:57:36 pm »
We are only two weeks out and I am really looking forward to the Bonneville shoot. The primitive bows are shaping up to have one of the best showings in a long time.  It is going to be a good one!

Alan

Offline sleek

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2020, 10:05:37 pm »
I'm getting on the plane in the morning :) I'm EXCITED!!! And nervous because my bow im bringing shoots plenty quick with a release, but my fat tender sausages most folks call fingers, shoot the arrow MUCH slower.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline avcase

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2020, 10:58:37 pm »
I'm getting on the plane in the morning :) I'm EXCITED!!! And nervous because my bow im bringing shoots plenty quick with a release, but my fat tender sausages most folks call fingers, shoot the arrow MUCH slower.

I look forward to meeting and wish you a safe trip. I will be at Wendover Wednesday afternoon. It will be a good time!  See you there.

Alan

Offline Badger

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2020, 08:13:47 am »
  Allen, we will arrive on thursday morning, late wed night

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2020, 10:48:28 am »
Everyone have a good time!  Stay safe and cool!  We may do a "proxy" flight shoot here, if we can find an open field to shoot in.  We have gigs lined up Friday and Saturday, so that takes care of all the
other events going on.  Some shoots were cancelled because of the fire ban in Colorado.
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline sleek

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2020, 09:56:16 am »
Where's everyone at?

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2020, 11:53:06 pm »
 >:D (lol) we are in western Nebraska, i.e. Chappell, on Lodgepole Creek(I-80), late of the Big Thompson(Loveland, CO). Mountain Man speak for: we moved!  About 600-700 miles east of the  salt flats!  Got to update my profile!
Hawkdancer
Jerry

Offline sleek

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2020, 11:57:11 pm »
>:D (lol) we are in western Nebraska, i.e. Chappell, on Lodgepole Creek(I-80), late of the Big Thompson(Loveland, CO). Mountain Man speak for: we moved!  About 600-700 miles east of the  salt flats!  Got to update my profile!
Hawkdancer

Well if people don't start showing, between Arvin and I, were are gonna wipe the records clean... maybe Steve too if he will just listen to me and turn his bow upside down  :D (lol)  >:D

Offline Deerhunter21

• What do you despise? By this are you truly known.
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2020, 10:26:39 am »
wait a second! i was just in loveland about a month ago!!!  (lol)    now you prolly got plenty of fields Hawk!

Good luck guys!!
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.

Offline Badger

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2020, 01:57:45 pm »
Hawkdancer

Well if people don't start showing, between Arvin and I, were are gonna wipe the records clean... maybe Steve too if he will just listen to me and turn his bow upside down  :D (lol)  >:D

Well sleek, I didn't listen to you and managed to break a 70# broadhead record with a 52# bow. As soon as you give me a reason to start listening to you I guarantee I will.

Offline sleek

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2020, 04:31:46 pm »
Hawkdancer

Well sleek, I didn't listen to you and managed to break a 70# broadhead record with a 52# bow. As soon as you give me a reason to start listening to you I guarantee I will.

That just proves you are holding back on us :) Congratulations on that shot too. Bows with top limbs stiff seem to maybe need some exploration. 

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2020, 12:03:51 am »
If I tried to turn my bow upside down, I would be standing on my head and it is hard to shoot that way! (SH) >:D (lol)!  Been shooting off a shelf forever, even Ol' Glassy One had a shelf, ambidextrous!
Hawkdancer
Jerry