Author Topic: Thank you for this site!  (Read 2409 times)

Offline archeryrob

Re: Thank you for this site!
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2020, 11:35:05 am »
I checked and there is no "Primitive Archer" group just the magazines page. You should start a new group and admin it and bring the staff from here into it as admins as it would be associated with the magazine. I run a kayak hunting and maryland chicken group. I lay the law on those FB group as you have too. I tolerate no BS and when they name call they are warned and when they back talk me they are banned. I keep civil groups.

I hate the people hammering newbies for asking questions they have answered before. I tell themtoo to shut up. You need to answer to complain but can't answer the question? Then go back to your hole, I tell them. The problem with these groups is the Admins running them. The Kayak Hunting page has almost 6K member and its all civil as that is all I allow.

I have been spending some time at the Facebook Selfbow page, offering advise, sending out a few free gizmos and such.

A guy posted a bow he had for sale that was badly hinged in the fades and dead straight to the tips. I commented on the site that he he wasn't much of a bowyer, someone had pasted his bow sale from another site, they were as shocked as I was, it wasn't on Facebook. I said would send a gizmo to him if anyone knew him. The bad thing was he had 28 sales listed on his order page, I don't condone this type of behavior, selling a bow like that to someone who doesn't know a bow from a football bat and for $300 no less.

Anyway, this jerk lit into me (not the bowyer) with the most profanity laced vulgar nonsense about how I didn't know anything, I gave him my bow making credentials which seemed to make him even madder. Before long a bunch of similar minded stooges jumped into the fray and lit into me.

I asked the admins to take me off the page so I wouldn't get notices of any future posts from these classless halfwits.

I am so glad the PA site exists, honorable men and some of the best bowyers on the planet who respond with consideration for others, thank you guys!
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing, or you're just doing it wrong."