Author Topic: How are 3-D ranges marked for safety?  (Read 3601 times)

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
How are 3-D ranges marked for safety?
« on: February 28, 2021, 06:01:43 pm »
So I have not been allowed to shoot in the woods behind my house because there are sometimes trespassers.  If I mark an area out to shoot in I will have the go ahead.  How are 3-D ranges marked out for safety?  I'm thinking of doing the same in a remote corner of the woods.

Offline mmattockx

Re: How are 3-D ranges marked for safety?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 06:35:15 pm »
So I have not been allowed to shoot in the woods behind my house because there are sometimes trespassers.  If I mark an area out to shoot in I will have the go ahead.  How are 3-D ranges marked out for safety?  I'm thinking of doing the same in a remote corner of the woods.

Is this your private property? In my province you are required to mark your property at the corners and in the middle of each side to have it considered adequately posted. That is also considered adequate for a private shooting range for firearms, so it should be enough for a private 3D range as well. I would have a look at local/state regulations to be sure you are good to go.

Mark

Offline Yooper Bowyer

• formerly Tradcraftsman
Re: How are 3-D ranges marked for safety?
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 06:51:01 pm »
No, it belongs to the company my dad works for.  It's not a corporate rule about shooting, it's just that my parents are concerned.  In Maine land is considered open to the public for hunting unless posted otherwise, it's just that people can't be expected to look for shooters.