Author Topic: Ash backed cherry bow 45@28  (Read 1785 times)

Offline Nasr

Ash backed cherry bow 45@28
« on: January 03, 2022, 07:02:40 pm »
Ash backed cherry bow with purple heart tip overlays. Dont really do overlays but starting to like them. Need to practice more to get that nice look with them. Bow shoots good is pretty smooth. Its 64 inches ntn and already have another in the works with more reflex put into it at glue up where this was just glued in straight. It has half an inch of follow at rest and an inch after shooting. I had to wrap the bottom limb because i made the mistake of not rounding the corners and when i was maybe 200 arrows into shooting the thing i heard that awful sound that we all are familiar with. But i rounded the corners and removed the splinter it was superficial but wanted to be safe and wrapped that part. I am about 500 hundred shots in so far and so far so good.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 12:35:53 am by Nasr »

Offline Jim Davis

• Reparrows
    • Reparrows
Re: Ash backed cherry bow 45@28
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 08:18:29 pm »
It's so much nicer for us if you cut out the middleman and post photos directly to the forum...I realize you would have to reduce the file size.

Bow looks great.
Jim Davis

Kentucky--formerly Maine

Offline Nasr

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2022, 08:24:10 pm »
apologies i didnt know how to reduce file size.

usually use a website to do it but when i add photos here it just gives me blank page.

Offline Jim Davis

• Reparrows
    • Reparrows
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2022, 08:54:29 pm »
I think you can reduce file size in MS Pictures. It is  nuisance that this forum doesn't do it automatically...
Jim Davis

Kentucky--formerly Maine

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2022, 11:18:26 pm »
Nice looking tiller. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Nasr

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2022, 11:51:30 pm »
I think you can reduce file size in MS Pictures. It is  nuisance that this forum doesn't do it automatically...

I wonder why that is. It would be great if posting pictures would be easier.

Offline Nasr

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2022, 11:53:47 pm »
Nice looking tiller. :)
 Pappy

Thank you I try my best  :)

Offline mmattockx

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2022, 01:02:30 am »
It's so much nicer for us if you cut out the middleman and post photos directly to the forum...I realize you would have to reduce the file size.

Or just post them direct from imgur using the BBcode link and give us pictures that are bigger than a postage stamp. The size needs to be reduced so much to upload to the forum that they are often near useless.

OP, the bow looks good. Try the BBcode link from imgur. You will get it when you open the picture in imgur and it shows all the link options to the right of the picture.

Mark

Offline Nasr

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2022, 01:50:14 am »

Or just post them direct from imgur using the BBcode link and give us pictures that are bigger than a postage stamp. The size needs to be reduced so much to upload to the forum that they are often near useless.

OP, the bow looks good. Try the BBcode link from imgur. You will get it when you open the picture in imgur and it shows all the link options to the right of the picture.

Mark

I appreciate the advice didn’t know about that. Literally made the Imgur account for this post when I couldn’t get images to post here.

Offline Hrothgar

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2022, 09:14:20 am »
Good looking bow, nice tiller.
" To be, or not to be"...decisions, decisions, decisions.

Offline Nasr

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2022, 10:20:38 am »
Good looking bow, nice tiller.

Thank you. I don’t know why but the outer top limb looks stiff. It doesn’t on tiller tree it probably has to do with camera angle.

Offline RyanY

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2022, 11:09:10 am »
Sweet bend. Love that wood combo. I’d like to make more cherry bows in the future. Need to find a lumber supplier in my area.

Offline Nasr

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2022, 12:37:39 pm »
Sweet bend. Love that wood combo. I’d like to make more cherry bows in the future. Need to find a lumber supplier in my area.

I am glad you like it. I love cherry ash combo as well will be making a lot more as long as the lumber is easy to find. I find cherry here pretty easily. I go to a lumber store in Detroit and they seem to always have it in stock.