Author Topic: Broadhead orientation  (Read 1842 times)

Offline HighEagle

Broadhead orientation
« on: September 05, 2020, 01:22:58 pm »
When Hafting a two blade broadhead to a shoot shaft is it parallel with the arrow nock, or perpendicular ,or does it matter? if so what's the best?

Thanks Chuck
Armstrong, BC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Broadhead orientation
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 02:31:13 pm »
With glue on commercial points which ever way they spin on my finger tip without a wobble. For trade and stone points I mount them parallel with the string nock. I really don't think it matters.  :OK
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 05:41:22 pm by Pat B »
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline HighEagle

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 02:40:50 pm »
With glue on commercial points which ever way they spin on my finger tip with a wobble. For trade and stone points I mount them parallel with the string nock. I really don't think it matters.  :OK
Thanks Pat
Armstrong, BC

Offline Kidder

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 10:05:36 am »
It’s my opinion that you want your broadheads mounted so that they are horizontal at whatever cant angle you hold your bow (not quite perpendicular). The reason for this is because your arrow flexes around the riser when your shoot (unless your bow is perfectly centershot). If the arrow flexes in a direction that the Broadhead can steer, it will. But if the Broadhead is horizontal and your arrow flexes it’s bending in the direction with no blade to catch the wind and steer. Hope that makes sense.

Offline Mesophilic

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 02:02:06 pm »
I orient my at a 2 o'clock to 10 o'clock position. Allows me to sight down the shaft bette than horizontal.   Can't sight at all if it's vertical,  the top edge screws me up.

When hafting, sometimes its not exactly 2 and 10 positioned,  more like 1 and 7, and haven't noticed any difference in arrow flight.
Trying is the first step to failure
-Homer Simpson-