Author Topic: Stave trades?  (Read 3087 times)

Offline ssrhythm

Stave trades?
« on: October 24, 2020, 09:19:10 pm »
Sorry...meant to post in The trade section

I have a bunch of Osage staves ranging from decent to very good.  Some character staves that will produce hole in limb bows and some that are just trouble free as Osage gets.  I will be cutting enough wood to have 20 or so new staves each spring when I go on my annual turkey hunting trip.  I would rather harvest my own wood, but I realize that making a trip to harvest Pacific Yew and vine maple is a bit out of my reach at this time.  I’d like to trade some Osage for yew and/or vine maple. I’m also looking for a couple of good sturgeon skins and I’m also always looking for and will pay or trade for copperhead skins.  Current staves include some that are ready to work, bark on, but have some side-checking due to drying too fast in Wyoming arid climate.  I have a bunch that I cut in IN in April ‘20 that are well sealed, bark on.  They dry fast here, but those probably needs other 1/2 year to year. Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 09:24:12 am by ssrhythm »

Offline Ricardovanleeuwen

Re: Stave trades?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 01:20:15 pm »
Is it a must for the yew to be pacific yew? Because i live im Holland europa and woud like to trade yew for osage

Offline ssrhythm

Re: Stave trades?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 12:35:25 am »
See you Pms!